Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #11
Nine responses and the consensus so far is 'Get them'.

I am located in Salt Lake City- Utah. But I travel down south towards Nevada and Arizona once in a while.

PKEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #12
Site Team
I am told that they also help dampen outside noise. No first hand info but I know several who would not be without them.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #13
Our 2014 375BHFS is the first camper I've ever ordered with the thermal windows. I do admit they help some with outside noises, and our windows no longer sweat on the inside. Heating and cooling I'm not really noticing any improvements over our 2012 365BHS, but then again, this camper is a little bigger. The thing I probably like the best about them is the clean look they make with the outside appearance of the camper.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #14
how much added weight on the duel pane window?
toy1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #15
I want to say they add around 600lbs on the 375BSFS.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:47 AM   #16
While on I-10 outside of New Orleans 2 years ago something hit the side window of my rig. The outer pane broke but the inner pane held. The rig stayed watertight thru several heavy rainstorms on the way home. Also, they do not sweat when it gets cold.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:23 AM   #17
We got thermal pane windows on our 2015 Eagle Premier. They were one of my must have options, which resulted in us having to order one because no dealer in our area order trailers for their lot with thermal pane windows. Go figure in WNY

Are they worth the cost? That's totally a personal opinion & decision.

However, we still get moisture on the inside of the windows in the bedroom, so either some of our thermal-pane windows are defective or I had false expectations on their performance.

Last time out camping was our first time with our new trailer where it got cold over night. Temps dropped into the upper 30s. I had the thermostat set to 62 and the furnace ran periodically through the early morning. So there was ~25Deg temp difference between the inside & outside temps.

In the morning we had major moisture on the inside of 2 windows. The windows in the living area were fine - no moisture.

I contacted Jayco customer service about it to inquire if the 2 windows may be defective.
The Jayco rep responded indicating that you can still expect moisture on thermal-pane windows.
Personally I felt the response from the Jayco rep was more of a company line blow-off. His exact response was:
"... Condensation will happen if the there is enough of a temperature difference from inside the unit to the outside. You can open your roof vent approximately to get some ventilation in the unit. ..."
I don't think 25Deg difference was significant and his response I felt was explaining how a typical standard window would perform, not thermal-pane windows.
Anyway, it made me feel like why did I pay the $$ for these thermal-pane windows when Jayco is telling me I can't expect any better performance then standard windows with regard to inside moisture.

I'm just sharing our 1st experience with thermal-pane windows in cold weather. Sorry if it sounds like I'm venting.

Would I purchase them again - probably.
I still feel the thermal-pane windows provide better performance then the standard windows. They do seem to help with temperature control inside the trailer.

Hope sharing our experiences and feelings on thermal-pane windows is of some help to others.
2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 361REQS
2014 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4 CC D/A
ROC-REQS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #18
I had dual pane windows on my last rig but not on this one... I will never again get one without dual pane windows.. you can feel the difference even on moderate days. + the A/C will work more efficiently on 90 degree days as it does not have to battle as much heat incursion.
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
140 days boondocking in 2016
211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #19
No problems with ours and they REALLY DO work with temps inside the rig.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #20
We extend our camping season into late October so when we ordered this one, it was with thermal pane windows. Not at all disappointed with the results - they stay dry and I think the furnace runs much less as well as th AC when it's called into service. We do have vent covers on all 3 vents and keep one open a 1/2" or so.

2014 Eagle Premier 331RETS
2016 Silverado 3500 DuraMax/Allison
1975 Corvette & a couple ATV's
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote