Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by playersz28 View Post
what size tire?
st 235/80r16
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:56 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
No, I understood what you meant. I was just saying that no point inflating the tires to a capacity way beyond the axle rating as all you get is a harsher ride. We towed about 7500mi last winter and with the condition of the roads in the US stuff took a beating with the stiffer Sailuns. Framed pictures laying in the rear cabinets had the glass smashed, drawer contents got shaken a lot, etc.
Understood, after a couple of trips I will probably adjust accordingly. But I will never go below 115psi.
Go info, thanks for the advice.
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:23 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
Sorry for the confusion, it's just that I didn't see a 16" on Sailun's site listed for the S637, just the S637T. Maybe we're talking about the same thing? Seems like two entirely different tires though, so was clarifying!

Great info though! I'm sure the wife is just going to love it when I tell her the tires on our new RV are junk!
If it makes you feel any better it's not just your tires. Unless someone special orders better tires with their RV, the ones that come on them are usually very low grade. And they are going to barely exceed the capacity rating of your RV. Some people get lucky and get a lot of miles out of the factory tires but those stories seem to be rare. Good luck with yours, check them very regular.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
Old 09-16-2016, 03:19 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
Just wondered-- I read someone said that you could possibly do suspension damage to your RV if you are using a tire rated higher that is heavier and stiffer than your trailer is rated for? Has anyone noticed with their Sailuns if this has resulted in a bumpier ride for your fifth wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Texas RT addressed that a bit in one of the earlier posts. The result of higher pressure in the tires has caused things to bounce around as the stiffer tires don't give as much. The lesser of two evils compared to tire blowouts!
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:29 PM   #85

Another unsatisfied Rainier ST owner

I too purchased a new Jayco Pinnacle 36 FBTS last August, it came with Rainier ST 235/80R/16 tires and after less than 5000 miles we are experiencing bubble separations on the inside of the drivers side back dual.

I called the dealership ( Camping World Bakersfield) where I purchased it at and was told to "contact the tire manufacturer".

After reading this forum and being unsure of what my existing wheels are rated at, I went out and dropped the spare and removed the bad tire. Yep, it's rated at 3520 lbs so going to a "G" rated tire requiring 110 PSI is a no-go.

I called trailers tires and wheels and spoke with Michael in depth on tire and wheel combinations that would work for my trailer. And I decided to go with the Sailun's and 17.5" wheels. I'm hoping this will eliminate any future tire problems.
CaliforniaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:52 PM   #86

I have the Goodyear G114 and based on the load rating chart could run them as low as 90 psi. I run them 110 for no particular good reason. There should be no issues with trailer suspensions running the 17.5 upgrade. The tire size difference is insignificant. The only possible downside is that with the higher tire pressure, momma's china gets a rougher ride. As long as my Bib & Tucker stays upright and unbroken then the ride was plenty smooth enough.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #87

Texas RT, did your purchasing dealer warranty your tires? My dealer told me to contact the "Tire Manufacturer". Michael with Trailer Tires and Wheels gave me the contact information for Tredit, which I called and spoke with Deanna Clouse.

After I installed the new Sailuns Monday I discovered two other tires were developing small bubble seperations, for a total of three bad tires in a little over 1 year and less than 5000 miles.

This morning I called Jayco and was told that the selling dealership should have facilitated a warranty claim and helped me remedy the problem.

Again, I'm curious what you or any other member have done concerning tire warranty?
CaliforniaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:17 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDave View Post
Texas RT, did your purchasing dealer warranty your tires? My dealer told me to contact the "Tire Manufacturer". Michael with Trailer Tires and Wheels gave me the contact information for Tredit, which I called and spoke with Deanna Clouse.

After I installed the new Sailuns Monday I discovered two other tires were developing small bubble seperations, for a total of three bad tires in a little over 1 year and less than 5000 miles.

This morning I called Jayco and was told that the selling dealership should have facilitated a warranty claim and helped me remedy the problem.

Again, I'm curious what you or any other member have done concerning tire warranty?
No I didn't file any kind of warranty claim. I had a flat and decided to make the change. After doing some checking I had a valve stem leaking, but I was going to change mine anyway.
Just for the record, when I pulled my factory wheels off there nothing regarding the PSI rating at all.
I'm really glad I made the change.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
Old 10-05-2016, 09:28 PM   #89
Lost in the Woods

Well on first trip tire blew called Jayco about other issues and tire I was told by nice guy l.... They had issues with Rainer tire that Jayco would allow 500 to replace tires ,it cost me 700 did all five send bill or give it to factory service when I met them well five months now and still waiting for money and fifth wheel to be done
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:54 AM   #90
Site Team

My , 2011 rig came with Goodyear Marathons, LR E. After the first set had a few separate and one blow, then they replaced them all after about 2 years. Shortly they started separating. I returned to the Goodyear dealer and they got authorization for credit on the price of 5 new G614s. I had to pay the difference between retail on the Marathons and the new ones.

Your only recourse is thru the tire manufacturer.

Good Luck!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote