Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2015, 09:56 AM   #21

Looks very nice
Tim&paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #22

Your setup looks awesome, congrats! I was wondering if your Ram 2500 is a 4x4. I have a 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 and I know that the 4x4 vs 2wd adds a few inches. I am looking to buy either a 29.5BHDS or 26.5BHS, but I am worried about pairing it to my truck because of the bed height...
Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:57 PM   #23

Hello,

Yes, our Ram 2500 is 4x4, but there is little difference from the 4x2 as far as bed height. And, if you're looking at any Eagle HT trailer, you will most likely have a leveling issue. Eagle HT is designed for a half ton pickup, and with the new 3/4 ton trucks of today the bed height will be high and you'll be struggling trying to get the trailer to level. Our 29.5bhds came with 16" wheels and tires and flipped axles--even then we are still about 4-inches nose high. We're currently working with our dealer, who is working with Jayco to find a leveling solution for our trailer. The last resort, for us, would be to have a sub frame welded on, so the trailer will ride leveled. But, this will cost more money, raise the trailer up to almost (or over) 13 feet, and possibly void our frame warranty with Lippert. We are weighing options and benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
Your setup looks awesome, congrats! I was wondering if your Ram 2500 is a 4x4. I have a 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 and I know that the 4x4 vs 2wd adds a few inches. I am looking to buy either a 29.5BHDS or 26.5BHS, but I am worried about pairing it to my truck because of the bed height...
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:03 AM   #24

I'm going to run into the same issue. I have a 3500 SRW 4x4 with a long bed and the B&W Companion hitch. Based on measurements I took of my hitch height and a level pinnacle sitting on the dealers lot it looks like I'm close to 5" or more nose high. Have to wait and see when my Pinnacle arrives
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:14 PM   #25

The good thing for you is that you have a long bed and will not need a slider hitch. And, the Pinnacle will be heavier, which will help settle your truck's suspension. With both of these factors combined, your trailer's nose may not be as high. My trailer's nose is still about 4 inches high, and I'd be happy if it comes down a few inches without me doing anything else. But, I'm worrying about excessive stress and more weight to the rear axle and tires. But, if Jayco will not help us with this issue, we may wait and deal with future related issues via warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky1 View Post
I'm going to run into the same issue. I have a 3500 SRW 4x4 with a long bed and the B&W Companion hitch. Based on measurements I took of my hitch height and a level pinnacle sitting on the dealers lot it looks like I'm close to 5" or more nose high. Have to wait and see when my Pinnacle arrives
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote