Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2011, 02:07 AM   #21

You will find that there are two kinds of people. The kind that like them and the kind that don't think they work. It is usually a 50/50 deal.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:03 AM   #22

I have one on mine. Im a firm beleiver. I use the goose neck adaptor to tow my 5er. The tripod fits snug inside the adaptor. It keeps mine from rocking considerabley.
jones dual 3 in exhaust
b&w flip over and goose neck adaptor
hayes energize lll
04 jayco designer 31rls.
toolman22ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #23

sounds like just another reason to not pay a warranty claim if you were talking to anyone with authority or knowledge of what you were asking.
If drilling a couple small holes in the flange of the I beam 3 or 4 feet from the rear is going to cause some kind of structrual failure this surely doesn't indicate much confidence in their product.
Maybe you could ask him how they attach the stablizers or bike rack. I think they are welded. Could you weld the brackets for the JT's on as they would. Or is that a problem to. Every time I have asked one of theese factory reps. a question about adding anything you get the same responce ,It's like your talking to their attorney not their engineer. Their philosphy is to always say no ,which provides them with no liability. Also No help to the consumer.
Haul n it all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:32 AM   #24

well i have used the tri-pod on a 2011 39 ft Pinnacle it works just find .... the trailer is pretty firm but the tripod still aids on the rocking
Old 03-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #25

5ver tripod support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertaguy View Post
If you get a chance, take a look at the JT's Stabilizer system and am quite sure you will go with these versus the tripod. I have the JT's and they really work well.
You mention "JT'S Stabilizer". I'm new at this, (and first posting) but what specifically is the product and where can I get details? Thanks.
Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #26

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
You will find that there are two kinds of people. The kind that like them and the kind that don't think they work. It is usually a 50/50 deal.
I have to agree with you. I have used a tripod on 4 different fivers. from a 7000 Lb to my latest 07 Designer 14500 Lbs. It was cheap and works pretty well for me. With the rear power jacks We don't get much movement or sway when setup for extended periods..
Just my 02 cents worth.
Mel
https://www.rvbloggersonline.blogspot.com
MHbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #27

between our tripod (which came with the trailer) and our x-chocks...were good to go!!!
grncrdbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
You mention "JT'S Stabilizer". I'm new at this, (and first posting) but what specifically is the product and where can I get details? Thanks.
You should be able to Google JT's Strongarm Stabilizers and get all you need or go to Tweety's and they have a picture and write up on them. I know there are lots of posts on the pros and cons of both set ups but believe me the the JT's or similar stabilizers are the way to go.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:27 AM   #29

Albertaguy is right. I have them and there is nothing better.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #30

Thanks all. I've been on their site and have the details. I'll now try to find a dealer in southern Ontario. Will be in the states soon, so may wait until then. Again, thanks a lot.
Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
Thanks all. I've been on their site and have the details. I'll now try to find a dealer in southern Ontario. Will be in the states soon, so may wait until then. Again, thanks a lot.
I bought mine in the States and had them delivered (free shipping) to my brother who was snowbirding in Yuma and he brought them back to Canada. This was in 07 when our dollar was above the US dollar. It is now above the US dollar so I might suggest if you are taking your RV with you then you buy down there and take a drill with some good bits, a hammer and center punch and install them in the campground. I bet you will get a lot of good advise and maybe some help. If I can install them then anyone can.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #32

We have used the tripod for years and it works ok...not the best.
I have heard wonderful things about the JT setup and plan on adding them to ours soon.
Pinnacleproud is offline   Reply With Quote