Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #1

Question Tri Pod front support

How many use a front support on their 5er? Are they necessary or not?
Old 06-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #2

Hi, Yes we have a trypod, does it work just not sure. Our pin box is a fifth airbourne sidewinder. I put the trypod under the pin box mount at the trailer.
We use the trypod sometimes, mainly when we are some where for four days or longer.
Http://yogi154.blogspot.com/
yogi154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:34 AM   #3

If you get a chance, take a look at the JT's Stabilizer system and am quite sure you will go with these versus the tripod. I have the JT's and they really work well.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertaguy View Post
If you get a chance, take a look at the JT's Stabilizer system and am quite sure you will go with these versus the tripod. I have the JT's and they really work well.
Iv looked at JT's and they look pretty overwelming. Fo they detach when not in use, or do they fold up somehow? Installation looks to be pretty extensive. Iv seen lots of great reviews on them.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #5

If I can do the install then you should be able too. It took me about 5 hrs on my Eagle and that included mounting a piece of angle iron across my rear to mount the stabilizer. My unit needed the extra piece but other units do not. The guys at JT's were very willing to give this info if you phone them. The units have a tube within a tube with a locking handle and once you loosen them the JT's fold up when you bring your jacks up. I used mine in Yuma for two months while I was there and about every two weeks I would re-check them to give maximum efficiency.

I have a pic that shows my install and I will try to post one on the mod link.

I bought my JT's over two years ago and they were 299 bucks delivered with free shipping to my brothers place in Yuma. The Cdn dollar was very attractive at that time and my brother then brought them back to Canada when he came home and I mounted them in May 2008.

I understand the cost of the JT's have gone up but they are very worth it.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #6

I have used a tri-pod with limited success...wife was not at all happy. I bought a pair of roto-choks. Has done a great job of stoppin the rockin. No more tri-pod for us.
Rough2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough2000 View Post
I have used a tri-pod with limited success...wife was not at all happy. I bought a pair of roto-choks. Has done a great job of stoppin the rockin. No more tri-pod for us.
(Long time no hear Rough2000! Welcome back)
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #8

We've used a tripod in the past with limited success. We just bought a 2010 Designer 35 rlts and would like to install the JT system on it as we have a LOT of movement in the coach when were set up and it seems like the JT system is the way to go. I spoke with Jayco this week and they told me I would void my warranty by drilling the holes in the frame for the JT system. Has anyone dealt with this on their rig in the past? Has anyone had any issues with the frame or walls / gelcaot after putting the JT system on their rig? Is there a similar product to the JT system that does not require drilling holes in the frame?
jleg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleg10 View Post
We've used a tripod in the past with limited success. We just bought a 2010 Designer 35 rlts and would like to install the JT system on it as we have a LOT of movement in the coach when were set up and it seems like the JT system is the way to go. I spoke with Jayco this week and they told me I would void my warranty by drilling the holes in the frame for the JT system. Has anyone dealt with this on their rig in the past? Has anyone had any issues with the frame or walls / gelcaot after putting the JT system on their rig? Is there a similar product to the JT system that does not require drilling holes in the frame?
I still had one year of warranty left after I mounted my JT's. I had it back to my dealer on at least 2 occasions and once when I showed it to management and never heard a peep about voiding warranty. I would like to hear who you talked to at Jayco because I think they are blowing smoke. The number of holes that were drilled were minimal and some of their holes were used, not all but some.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #10

I did'nt get his name as I was fairly frustratd. I asked him what Jayco has for a soution that was acceptable to their warranty paramaters, but he just didnt understand what I was asking him, so I ended the call.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #11

Quote:
I did'nt get his name as I was fairly frustratd. I asked him what Jayco has for a soution that was acceptable to their warranty paramaters, but he just didnt understand what I was asking him, so I ended the call.
Probably the janitor answering the phone while the experts were on lunch break. You might want to phone again and ask to speak to someone in the framing dept.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertaguy View Post
Probably the janitor answering the phone while the experts were on lunch break. You might want to phone again and ask to speak to someone in the framing dept.

I called in again and got aother person equally incapable of giving me an asnwer and refused to get me a manger. Were moving forward with the install of the stabalizers this week. I agree with you Albertaguy, just dont see how this could efect the warranty and knowing that other people have them on their Designer coach with good success makes it a no brainer for me.

Definitely somehting going on with customer service at Jayco, my repair shop called in for a RO last week for some warranty work and Jayco took his name and number and said they would get back to him in 7 to 10 days, they had a backlog and that was the best they could do.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #13

Quote:
I called in again and got aother person equally incapable of giving me an asnwer and refused to get me a manger. Were moving forward with the install of the stabalizers this week. I agree with you Albertaguy, just dont see how this could efect the warranty and knowing that other people have them on their Designer coach with good success makes it a no brainer for me.

Definitely somehting going on with customer service at Jayco, my repair shop called in for a RO last week for some warranty work and Jayco took his name and number and said they would get back to him in 7 to 10 days, they had a backlog and that was the best they could do.
I was talking to a dealer on the weekend who tells me that Jayco has been buying out other manufacturers lately and are getting quite big and when this happens customer relations take a hit and I think this is what may be happening here.

I am still waiting for Jayco to get back to me about wanting to buy the bracket to mount a LCD TV in the place where my analog TV goes. I was going to remove the picture frame, mount the bracket and install the TV. I ended up buying a digital box and keeping the analog TV.

Good luck with your JT's, you won't be sorry.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #14

Quote:

So much for customer service. This is not sounding good for Jayco. Hope they resolve their backlog issues! But anyhow, welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum jleg10! Keep visiting and let us know how things go for you and your new Jayco
Old 06-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #15

You can install Winfield stabilizers without drilling holes in your frame, they just bolt on.
gowesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #16

Thanks for the feedback GoWesley! And welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum! Revisit us often
Old 07-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #17

I have the ultra fab eleminators, they are the exact same as the jt's, saw them both at tweetys, they are cheaper and stop most all movement in my 35rlts.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #18

Its true Jayco has bought some smaller RV manufacturers, not sure how much it has affected their customer service department though. So far I've had outstanding luck with both customer service and their repair facility. Can't believe I'm the exception but when a company starts growing too fast, or grows too big, their customer service and/or customer relations sometimes suffers. I hope if this is the case in any way with Jayco it gets corrected soon as, in my humble opinion, they're one of the better RV manufacturers still in business.

Just a personal opinion, no ill or disrespect intended towards anyone.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #19

So I had the JT's installed and we just finished up a 6 day trip. They seem to do a good job. I would say it got rid of 85% of the movement, so its a big improvement. I have a call into Happijack to see if I adjust the placement further down the frame rail from the front landing gear, if that will give me a slightly better result.

As for Jayco's customer service, it continues to be terrible. I've got follow up on some initial issues that they approved for repair and simply cant get anyone ont he phone to give further authorization. I'm getting pretty red in the face at this point. We didnt spend this kind of money to be treated this poorly. Its absolutely unacceptable. I'm thinkning about starting a new thread about my cutomer service experience to see what other new owners have dealt with so far. I'm wondering if I'm the exception or if this is the sad reality of the new normal for Jayco.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #20

I think tripods are a waste of time and space! Just my opinion!
Adopt a shelter pet!

2009 Jayco Designer 37RLQS
2011 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax Crew Cab 4X4 Dually
20K Curt Q5 hitch
av8arkie is offline   Reply With Quote