Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #1

TV problems

Hello to everybody. So I have a 2015 jayco 33.5 rets fifth wheel. I'm having a bit of a problem. My tv in my living room is hooked to satellite TV. My bedroom is hooked up to my antenna on the roof. The power button is on. I have 2 channels. I also put a wine guard signal booster on the bedroom TV. So my 2 Chanel's work great crystal clear until the bathroom light is turned on. And then my one channel freezes. The min the light goes off its fine again. Now it don't happen every time just some. ???? Totally weird.

But my neibor has a 2015 Cardinal and his does same thing but it's when a lamp in the living room is turned on.

What can I do or check out to fix this problem.
Always camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:05 PM   #2

The rig should come with a booster already installed, somewhere there is a wall plate with a push button and a light, mine is in the W/D closet in the bedroom. There would be a couple of things that could cause your problem, but the most probable is the antenna pre-amp power supply is on the same 12volt circuit that the bathroom lights are on. Another possibility is that there is probably LED lights installed in the bathroom and they are emitting RF that is interfering. In my 2012 Pinnacle, the connectors on all the wiring were done better than any RV I have ever seen, so hopefully Jayco is still using the same connectors and tools to terminate the cables. If connectors are not terminated properly, an improperly done connector can allow interference into the system. How far are you from the transmitter? That could also be a factor. I had OTA issues with my original Winegard Antenna, so I installed a new King Controls Jack antenna with better results.
gaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:20 PM   #3

The booster for the antenna is on but my channels where always come and go and that's why I put on another booster. The transmitter is right above the bedroom and that's where the tv is. The connection of the lights might be it they are led. But one day it does it the next it don't it's a strange one
Always camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:36 PM   #4

So if the antenna is peaked, then maybe you are in a fringe area for your particular antenna, there is better antennas available than what most manufactures install.
gaserv is offline   Reply With Quote