Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #1

Unlevel Floor Issue

Last month I posted a thread about my floor near the door of our 323LKTS that slopped towards the door. My dealer said he never had seen that before, and was amazed that when the leveling system has the cabinets, counter tops, and the rest of the floor level, the area in front of the door nose dived toward the outside. He called Jayco, and they said it was a pretty common problem, created during the factory build. According to Jayco, when installing the door frame itself, it is sometimes "too tight" and has to be pressed into the floor to install. As a result of this, the pressure on the floor causes the floor in front of the door to bend downwards. When I asked the dealer can this be fixed, he said "about the only thing we can do" is remove the door and frame, shave the frame down, and reinstall.

Has anyone else had this problem, and been told something similar? And the lack of confidence from the dealer about them being able to fix it has me concerned. I want to call Jayco directly to discuss this, but wanted to know if anyone else has had this, since Jayco thinks it's a fairly common problem. Thanks
Old 09-15-2015, 04:39 PM   #2

That sounds like a pretty lame explanation. I am a general contractor and have been building houses for the past 35 years, if a door won't fit an opening you don't force it in or things like this will happen. You fix the opening before installing the door so it fits correct. I don't see how the dealer says they can remove an aluminum frame and shave it down, there isn't enough material there to shave and make a difference if the bow is that bad, this also would mean the walls on both sides of the door are not touching the floor since it is bowed down under the wall next to the door. The only remedy is to remove the door and enlarge the top part of the opening in the wall so the door fits correct. This is a fix I would not let the dealer do, I would take pictures and contact Jayco about having the factory fix this problem
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote