Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2015, 12:37 PM   #1

Question Wanting to Upgrade

Have had two Jayco TT's but am looking to upgrade to fifth wheel, however, I am having trouble finding what I want. I need a slide in the master bedroom for more room, theater seating or two La-Z-boy recliners in living area, a table and 4 chairs and bunks for 3 to 4 grand-kids and parents. I would like to keep my weight down under 16K as well, but I am having a hard time putting all these things together in one trailer that"s not 45' long.

I have a 2011 Duramax 6.6 turbo diesel in my 2500HD Silverado, so I have what I need to pull it, so I 'm looking for suggestions.
Reese Dual Cam
Canine Travelers - Emmy & Rocky
fayliaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:50 PM   #2

Hello,
We have a 2015 eagle 325bhqs which loaded is around 13,500. I pull it with a f250 diesel with no problem ..we like that floor plan as it as four slides two in the living area. We travel with grandchildren and have room..we were looking at the eagle 345bhts which has an extra half bath but, decided on our model for added living space. You can order with theater seating and table with chairs.
Engoff22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:09 PM   #3

I'm sure the Duramax will pull it, but you will probably be over weight. Don't just look at how much it can pull, you also need to look at how much it can carry. My 2012 Crew cab can only carry 2,300-2,400lbs. You need to consider the weight of the trailer, passengers and any supplies in the back of the truck. A 14,000lb 5th wheel will likely put 2,100-2,400lbs in the bed of your truck. Just double check all your numbers before you pull the trigger. If not, it could get very expensive. Yes, people do pull trailers that they shouldn't but I would not. Just a word of caution...

ddrueckh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:33 PM   #4

You have the same TT that we had before we upgraded to a Pinnacle 36REQS. The difference in room, bigger fridge, nicer fixtures etc, has been a good move for us. The most we have had at one time is 1 set of parents and 3 grandkids that are 9, 10, and 17. Was very tight at bed time, but the parents slept on the fold out, the 17 yr old slept on the angle of the sectional, the 9 yr old in a recliner, and the 10 yr old on a air twin air mattress on the DS slide where the recliners normally are. We sure don't make it a habit to have that many ( if I had my preference, they could visit for the day, then go home ) at one time. The 377RLBH North Point looks like an option, the 325BHQS Eagle also, 345BHTS Eagle is also one if you are trying to stick with Jayco.
gaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:58 PM   #5

I just purchased a 2016 North Point 311 RKTS. I traded in an Eagle 28.5. The overall length of the 311 is just over 38 ft. This seems reasonable. The dry weight is just over 12k. I'm planning on towing it with my 07 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 with a Cummins 5.9L. The quality of the North Point seems to be much better than the Eagle. At least that's my hope.

Jim
mtdawg is offline   Reply With Quote