Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #1

Angry Warning! Jayco will not furnish Parts to Independents

Warning! Buyer Beware! I am really ticked at Jayco. Here is why. I crunched my Jayco Designer when it met with trees and a Boulder after Being forced off of a road in a canyon campground. Extensive Damage and almost 400 miles from the nearest Jayco Dealer. Good Sam ERS got a crew to come out and replace a spring and tow the fifth wheel to the closest RV Repair facility which was 45 miles away. I contacted my insurance company Thru Good Sam GMAC. The Independent RV Repair facility The only one for 235 Miles started to make up a estimate for repairs and took pictures for the Insurance company. They also were trying to locate parts for the repairs. Yesterday which was 3 weeks from when the accident happened I was informed that JAYCO would not sell parts to the RV Repair facility. How Stupid that Jayco would not sell repair parts to a Licensed RV Repair facility recognized by all insurance companies. They do repairs on all kinds, Makes and Models of RV's. I don't understand Jayco. I now have to Take my 5th wheel to a Jayco Dealer Repair Facility that is now over 270 miles from the Independent repair facility. What a Crock. You can bet I will think twice before buying another Jayco. If the insurance company totals this one out, The replacement won't be Jayco. I have no quarrel with the Insurance companies as they have been great so far.
Mel
https://www.rvbloggersonline.blogspot.com
MHbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I can understand your frustration, but I know that Jayco has worked with independent RV facilities, even on warranty issues (they did it on mine). I do know the required protocal can be a little painful for some independents, but the ones that have an established working relationship with Jayco seem to manage it.

Have you spoken directly to Jayco to confirm the problem with this particular RV facility (if any)?

Just curious.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
Site Team

I agree with Bob and would contact Jayco directly, explain the situation, and try to get it resolved and or explained to your satisfaction.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #4

This doesn't sound like Jayco. They have a rep of really going the extra mile to satisfy there customers and was one of the main reasons I bought mine. Keep us up todate how you come out. Would some kind of petition from here help. There are alot of Jayco owners on this site. Let us know if we can help.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #5

Hello! New member here and soon (Tuesday) to be new owner of 2012 Melbourne 29D. Anyone have an opinion on Jayplus, the extended warranty offered by Jayco? Thanks, Craig
CRAIGRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:45 PM   #6

Methinks that someone is being a little less than honest. Jayco has been very helpful with the few issues on my sixteen year old Eagle. My local independent RV repair person has no problem getting Jayco specific parts, what few there are on my fiver.

Jayco is the only manufacturer I will consider for any RV purchase.

Richard and Laura Ray
Amateur Radio W4RLR
"The Green Goblin" 2008 F-250 Lariat CC SB, 6.4 liter automatic, 4x4"Love Shack" 1995 Jayco Eagle 277 RBSS fifth-wheel
rray32539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #7

How do you get a hold of Jayco factory. There is no phone number nor contact info. Also they state that they only sell parts direct to Authorized Jayco Dealers only. The repair facility that I was dealing with said that Jayco would not sell them parts and only supply parts to Jayco dealers. I am sure that they could buy parts through a authorized Jayco dealer at a 40 percent markup, But the insurance company and the repair facility won't buy that. The repair facility that I and my insurance company was dealing with is a authorized RV repair facility and RV dealer. They have been in business for over 20 years and have a good rep. They sell other brands not Jayco.
Mel
Old 06-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #8

The number for Jayco is on their web site. 574-825-5861

Gibby3275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHbell View Post
How do you get a hold of Jayco factory. There is no phone number nor contact info. Also they state that they only sell parts direct to Authorized Jayco Dealers only. The repair facility that I was dealing with said that Jayco would not sell them parts and only supply parts to Jayco dealers. I am sure that they could buy parts through a authorized Jayco dealer at a 40 percent markup, But the insurance company and the repair facility won't buy that. The repair facility that I and my insurance company was dealing with is a authorized RV repair facility and RV dealer. They have been in business for over 20 years and have a good rep. They sell other brands not Jayco.
Mel
http://www.jayco.com/php/about/contact.form.php
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #10

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby3275 View Post
The number for Jayco is on their web site. 574-825-5861
Thank you for the phone number. I just got off of the phone with the jayco customer service, and was informed that a dealer had to have an account with Jayco to get parts. I was told that independent (non Jayco Dealers) did not have accounts and that they would have to buy parts from a Jayco dealer. So the repair facility was not lying and is not dishonest as implied by someone in the forum.
Mel
Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #11
Site Team

Did they (Jayco) offer you any acceptable resolution to this?
Old 06-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Did they (Jayco) offer you any acceptable resolution to this?
They gave me a phone number of a Jayco dealer in Idaho that was closer. When I called them they said that they did not sell jayco there but that their parent company did which was over 300 miles from me. I imagine that they could get the parts as their parent company sells Jayco. that still does not help me. I talked to the Insurance company a few minutes ago and they are sending a independent adjuster out to look at my fiver. I explained the problem about parts and they are aware of the problem and going to guarantee any work performed by whoever does the repairs if it can be repaired. They may total it out although I doubt it at this time if they can get parts. If not that is another issue. It will be repaired by a Jayco Dealership. If it can be repaired. So far GMAC Insurance has been tops.
Mel
Old 06-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #13
Site Team

Well you have my best wishes that you get fixed up real soon with as little further aggravation as possible. Obviously the accident and ensuing problems of getting it fixed are no fun. -Lee
Old 07-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Well you have my best wishes that you get fixed up real soon with as little further aggravation as possible. Obviously the accident and ensuing problems of getting it fixed are no fun. -Lee
Thank You Lee for the kind wish's. the Adjuster (damage appraiser), is coming today at 1:30 To look my Unit over. BTW I did get some more information about Jayco Parts. Here it is.

Quote:
How can I obtain Jayco parts?
Parts for Jayco recreation vehicles are distributed exclusively by authorized Jayco dealers. For the Jayco dealer nearest you, log on to www.jayco.com and click on "Dealer Locator," or call 1 800-RVJAYCO. Always have the vehicle identification number when you call your dealer for parts. The dealer cannot order parts without that number.
Mel
Old 07-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #15

Sorry, bit late on this one... been on the road for the past few weeks....

We had brake issues. Keep in mind, we are still under warranty. However, we couldn't make it the 400 miles round trip to our dealer. We called Jayco, and they put us in touch with Dexter. Dexter found the history of our brake issues in the computer and authorized a local shop to replace the needed parts. It was a blessing that we could have a 'brake expert 'work on our problem and not the tech at the dealer.

Anyhow, the brake pads, etc were all sent to us and the shop that Dexter put us in touch with, installed them. We were very happy with the result
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #16

The RV service center in Jefferson City, MO tells me that Jayco will not allow them to work on Jayco units. Instead, I have to tow my unit 90 miles round trip to the RV dealership where I purchased it to get service. (this includes stuff like winterizing the unit) I have not called Jayco direct, but why would a local service center turn business away if they didn't have to? I used to laugh at guys who bought high end foreign cars but couldn't get routine service locally. Now I are one.
Dennis1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1941 View Post
The RV service center in Jefferson City, MO tells me that Jayco will not allow them to work on Jayco units. Instead, I have to tow my unit 90 miles round trip to the RV dealership where I purchased it to get service. (this includes stuff like winterizing the unit) I have not called Jayco direct, but why would a local service center turn business away if they didn't have to? I used to laugh at guys who bought high end foreign cars but couldn't get routine service locally. Now I are one.
You can't choose your local repair shop.... you have to call Jayco who will make the arrangements to get you to a local repair facility under warranty. Also, if it's a non-Jayco product that Jayco installs (ie: my brake issues) then they give you the contact number (in our case Dexter) who will look into the local repair shop options for you and get you set up for needed repairs.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1941 View Post
Thats nothing in the latest turn of events in regards getting repairs for my damaged 5th wheel. Jayco will not give the insurance adjuster the price of parts to repair the damage to my 5th wheel. What kind of company is this? The moderator of the forum deleted my post in regards to this matter. said it was from a disgruntled owner. Yes I am upset and rightly so, But feel my post should not have been thrown in the trash as it was a update on my dealings with Jayco.
Mel
Old 07-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHbell View Post
The moderator of the forum deleted my post in regards to this matter. said it was from a disgruntled owner.
Your new thread was essentially a repost to your OP in this thread. Please continue discussion regarding this issue in the current thread. Thank you.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #20

I ran into the same issue with my 1991 806 Deluxe. My local Starcraft dealer (a jayco company) ordered parts for me and he forwarned me it takes up to 6 months for him to get parts from them because he isn't a "Jayco" dealer. I got my parts and all is good but I own a Chevy, GMC and a buick and I can get parts for all 3 at my Chevy dealer go figure.......starcraft and Jayco are pretty much the same company according to consumer reports dealers and many threads i have read. The best part about having the starcraft dealer order my parts..yah it took just under 6 months to get them but they were 35% cheaper than the Jayco stealership in my state...go figure! My pop up is 20 years old and it has been great to me but she is getting tired and its a shame Jayco makes it so difficult for dealers to get their product. Politics (Dem. and Rep.)....always for the BIG guy (Companies on the right not the left) not the people.
CentralNH is offline   Reply With Quote