Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-15-2017, 08:32 PM   #1

Warranty work leaves alot to be desired.

We have a 2015 371flfs that overall we have been happy with but our warranty work done by the dealer has béen less than satisfactory. We took it in last winter to repair moulding that was coming off in the bathroom and around the kitchen. The molding looked like mice chewed it up and fell off a month after we got it back. We just dropped it off this weekend for more warranty work to be done before our 2 years is up. Along with what they have to re do from last time, now the shower has cracked around the drain. The shop foreman said that they could not get the shower out without removing the roof and that he has a good fiberglass tech. I told them I DO NOT want a patch job that looks like hell. I have little to no confidence in what I am going to get back but I do not know what my options are. I do not feel that HOW they have to replace the shower is my problem, just THAT the shower is replaced. I do not want some shabby patch job to take away from trade in value down the road.

Any thoughts?
Kansas Mike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:49 PM   #2

I sure would not trust a dealer to do a repair like that, sounds like opening up a big bunch of problems. It looks like a one piece fiberglass shower in that unit which should be able to be repaired without removal. When I used to build houses we had many fiberglass tub/shower units that got damaged during construction and had a local company which would repair them to like new. I would contact Jayco about this repair before this dealer trashes your trailer.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:16 PM   #3

What Sundancer330 said. Since Jayco would be paying for it and you already are unhappy with the dealer's warranty repairs, see if Jayco will OK an alternative RV repair facility.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #4

If you do get it repaired, recommend you ask them to install extra support around the shower drain. The only thing I can think of that would cause it to crack was downward stress from people stepping around the drain, and not enough flex in the drain pipe to accommodate the weight and movement.
justman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:38 AM   #5

That is the other reason I am disappointed that they are not removing the shower. Neither of us weigh over 180 so I think either the framing below the shower is lacking or the fiberglass is too thin around the drain. I am going to make them give some warranty on what ever they do to repair it for sure.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:21 AM   #6

Go to another Jayco dealer. Do not keep going back to unsatisfactory service. It's very important to find a good dealer.
Like others said, they can repair fiberglass tubs/showers and it holds up. But it needs to be done correctly. I'd have my doubts the dealer could do this in house properly.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #7

For better or worse, I want to try and stick with this dealer because they have been good to us during the nightmare event of owning a KZ Goldrush that we purchased new from them and it was a VERY poor quality built unit with an even poorer excuse of a manufacturer. We traded it back to Apache and they gave us about what we paid for it and also gave us a great deal on the Jayco, so trying to work with them,,, for now.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:26 PM   #8

Are you in Kansas??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
snickers104 is offline   Reply With Quote