Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2016, 08:12 PM   #1

Washer & dryer

Anyone installed their own washer and dryer?
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:21 PM   #2

Putting a Splendide 2100XC in my unit right now!

I have already installed the vent and the washer/dryer combo is sitting in the bedroom; tomorrow I have help coming over to help me lift the unit into the washer closet. The hardest part so far was taking the 4" hole saw to the outside of my rig!

My unit came pre-plumbed for the water and drain, and there is a dedicated outlet pre-wired including a breaker in the panel.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Putting a Splendide 2100XC in my unit right now!

I have already installed the vent and the washer/dryer combo is sitting in the bedroom; tomorrow I have help coming over to help me lift the unit into the washer closet. The hardest part so far was taking the 4" hole saw to the outside of my rig!

My unit came pre-plumbed for the water and drain, and there is a dedicated outlet pre-wired including a breaker in the panel.
You will sure like not having to go to a laundromat with a boat load of quarters all the time. I have the 2100XC also and love it.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 05:35 AM   #4

Depending on your FW if you can do a stack pair you get much better results since you can wash & dry at the same time. We have the SPLENDIDE pair in ours which is the brand I recommend as well. They are designed to take the bouncing.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:49 AM   #5

That's the part I'm not looking forward to doing. I guess after the vent is in......
The rest will be easy
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 05:36 PM   #6

Jayco will send you drawings of the sidewall framing to help in locating the vent hole. They would not specifically say where exactly to drill however, that is up to you based on the unit to be installed.

I would have preferred separate units, but my coach is only able to accommodate a single combination unit. So the 2100XC is what I put in. Just placed it today and secured it in place. All hooked up and it passed its trial run. Waiting for Jayco to send the new louvered doors for the closet to finish it off.

Below are pics of the hole prior to vent installation and after the vent flapper and cover were installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Hole cut in side.jpg   Finished vent.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote