Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #1

Washer/Dryer Combination

We're looking at ordering a 2011 Eagle RLQS 371 and are getting conflicting info on washer/dryer combo installation...... one dealer says it will be factory- installed and another says it will be installed at the dealership after delivery. I would prefer factory-installed if possible. Anyone know anything about this!!!
Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #2

Hiya Gibson and welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum! There are lotsa 5'er owners here who will probably share their knowlege on these appliances. While waiting for a response, call Jayco direct at 800 283-8267 and ask about it. Amazing the different answers you can get from dealership/salesperson to dealership/salesperson

We also ordered our tt! Enjoy the process... soon you will have your new Jayco 5'er
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #3

Healthi..... Thanks for your rapid response!!! I called the 800# and the very knowledgeable young lady on the other end stated this item can be pink sheeted when ordering thru a dealer for installation at the factory. So then a follow-up question would be: Does anyone have any experience (good/bad) on using the washer/dryer combination (vented) in an RV 5'er???
Old 11-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #4

I don't have any personal experience with having a washer/dryer in my 5'er (I'll certainly have one in the next 5'er I own) but there was an article in the last Good Sam Highways magazine on washer/dryers. They seem to indicate having a vented model would be best, other than that they said to do your homework on which washer/dryer you wanted. Having a drip pan under the unit just in case there was a leak or spill is definitely a must. Can't recall other things they talked about but you might want to see if you can get a copy of October's issue of Highways magazine. The article also said the price would be around $1000 all set up.

If you can't get a copy of the magazine and want to read the article you can send me a PM on this site and I'll scan it and email it to you as it's not all that long. Be sure and include your email address.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #5

Thanks for the info and the offer, RR!!! Our neighbor down the street is a Good Sam member and gets that magazine. I'll check it out with him......
Old 11-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #6

Right, hope that article helps you out. Be sure and let is know what you decide, you might end up helping some of us out.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #7

On my 2011 365BHS the unit come factory prepped for the washer/dryer as would your unit I believe. And you might do better shopping around for a better unit based on dimensions and reviews aftermarket. I think the factory/dealer unit was $1600.00 if I am not mistaken. You'll be able to plug and go if you go aftermarket. I have not seen the outside vent nor found it yet but will advise if I do. Must be a 110 unit as well.
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote