Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Haven't seen that decal in any JAYCOs that we've looked out. For one thing it will depend on which w/d you buy, they are not standard.
Actually, if the unit, any unit, is pre-plummet for a W/D, then they are supposed to provide the location of access to drill for the dryer vent. Theres a dryer vent label thats supposed to be applied where Jayco has cleared the drill path so you don't drill into something behind the wall.

Trust me, when I called them they said "you mean there isn't one?" Uhhh...thats why I'm calling you!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8430.jpg  
Old 02-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #22

I always thought of the camper washer/dryer idea as a gimmick until we got one and now it's a must have. It totally ended the unpacking/packing part of camping.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #23

We just had the Splendide combo vented installed. Ya it is smaller than home units but works better than we thought it would. It is quiet and not being stackable the DW still has two shelf's above it to store towels and linen.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #24

Our trailer came with a combo w/d so someone else shouldered the cost as well as installed the vent for it. I can't imagine not having one now and as long as you follow the instructions that come with it, it does an outstanding job. Don't use too much soap is the best advice I could give, Splendide makes a great unit!
BrittB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthewind View Post
Actually, if the unit, any unit, is pre-plummet for a W/D, then they are supposed to provide the location of access to drill for the dryer vent. Theres a dryer vent label thats supposed to be applied where Jayco has cleared the drill path so you don't drill into something behind the wall.

Trust me, when I called them they said "you mean there isn't one?" Uhhh...thats why I'm calling you!
Didn't have one in our PINNACLE.

Also we had to switch brands, from one that I will not mention, to the SPLENDIDE. There was over 14" difference in the vent location(one was at the top of the dryer, the SPLENDIDE was at the bottom). Had the Service Center body shop re-glass the old opening before we installed the SPLENDIDE.

No way a label would have made any sense.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:30 AM   #26

Anyone have experience on both Splendide vented and nonvented models? I figure the vented would dry faster. Anyone experience both models? I have the opportunity to buy a two year old, used twice nonvented model for 200 bucks. I'd rather buy this then a new one. Also I'd rather not bore a hole through the sidewall for the vent. Figured the money saved on the nonvented model and not needed to bore a hole, we'd deal with a longer dry cycle.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
... I have the opportunity to buy a two year old, used twice nonvented model for 200 bucks. ...
At that price, I'd just pick it up. If it turns out you don't like it, you can easily sell it for as much as you'll pay now and you can drill the vent hole later just as easily as you could today. I haven't used the ventless before but at that price point I have a tough time seeing it as being a bad way to try it out and see.
RayPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPayne View Post
At that price, I'd just pick it up. If it turns out you don't like it, you can easily sell it for as much as you'll pay now and you can drill the vent hole later just as easily as you could today. I haven't used the ventless before but at that price point I have a tough time seeing it as being a bad way to try it out and see.
Very valid point. I didn't think of it that way. Thanks!

Earl
Old 02-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #29

Absolutely LOVE our stackable Splendide. Not sure how I ever went to laundromat in the past. We had Jayco install ours so it was included in the 2 year warranty. When we had an electrical surge (X2) and blew out the washer, they repaired the washer both times under the warranty.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:38 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittB View Post
Our trailer came with a combo w/d so someone else shouldered the cost as well as installed the vent for it. I can't imagine not having one now and as long as you follow the instructions that come with it, it does an outstanding job. Don't use too much soap is the best advice I could give, Splendide makes a great unit!
X2

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:26 AM   #31

The only thing that they could of added is a buzzer for after final spin so u could know when done. Even on low spin if we do not remove clothes right away to shake out before drying they will wrinkle.
Rock
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #32

Quote:
Anyone have experience on both Splendide vented and nonvented models? I figure the vented would dry faster. Anyone experience both models? I have the opportunity to buy a two year old, used twice nonvented model for 200 bucks. I'd rather buy this then a new one. Also I'd rather not bore a hole through the sidewall for the vent. Figured the money saved on the nonvented model and not needed to bore a hole, we'd deal with a longer dry cycle.

Earl
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPayne View Post
Quote:
Very valid point. I didn't think of it that way. Thanks!

Earl
Keep in mind that the ventless models, besides taking longer to dry and adding humidity to the air inside the RV, also use quite a bit more water.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #33

Not concerned about water usage as we'd only use it when on full hooks. Trailer will have dual AC to combat any humidity issues. Though being a sealed unit, I wouldn't see how any humidity would escape other than the drain hose connection.

Earl
Old 02-17-2017, 12:36 PM   #34

We have a 330RETS and have a washer/dryer combo. We do like not having to go to the laundry mat when we are traveling. The biggest issue I can see with it is that it is kind of small. It does take quite a while to wash a load. We usually start it before we go out on a hike and then come back after it is done so not too bad. It does rock the camper in spin mode.
Jaakkandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #35

Quote:
Not concerned about water usage as we'd only use it when on full hooks. Trailer will have dual AC to combat any humidity issues. Though being a sealed unit, I wouldn't see how any humidity would escape other than the drain hose connection.

Earl
I haven't had ventless, but I always wonder about this statement as well. When I was looking at going vented or ventless in my discovery stages all of the details I found indicated outside air was only used in some models to cool the condenser. The humidity only made sense to me if you installed a vented dryer as ventless, simply blowing the humid air inside.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #36

Quote:
N...being a sealed unit, I wouldn't see how any humidity would escape other than the drain hose connection.

Earl
Good point!
Old 02-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #37

Why would a non vented use more water? I can't figure that one out.

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:44 PM   #38

Washer/Dryer, Who Has One?

Because it uses water to cool the warm air, causing the humidity to come out of the air. The air is then heated up and blown back into the drum to pick up more moisture. This is a constant cycle. Not heat for a bit, cool for a bit. It all happens at the same time, so there is a small flow of water for the process of cooling the air in the dryer. The link I had of how this sort of dryer works will explain it better than I did just now.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:01 AM   #39

Splendide says the ventless does not put out moisture/humidity or heat into the room. It's a condenser style dryer. It runs cool water over the drum during drying. It will take 2.5 to 5 gallons of water during the drying process. Also it doesn't pull any air from the room either like a vented dryer. Sounds pretty neat.

Earl
Old 02-20-2017, 09:18 AM   #40

I wonder where the lint goes on the Splendide vented models. Is there some sort of secret lint trap I'm not aware of somewhere?
BrittB is offline   Reply With Quote