Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
TLG

Water filter

Ok. Haven't got to use the camper yet, but been spending a lot of time going over it and familiarizing myself with it. Is it just me, or does the location of the water filter make it totally useless. It sits so high in the cubby hole that you can't reach the top of it. I'm afraid to put a strap wrench on it because the mount is so flimsy, I'm concerned I will break it from its bracket. I have to remove it to drain the antifreeze, but I'm at a lost as how to proceed. Thinking it would be best to relocate it, but not sure if there is any other place it would fit. Anybody with a 2016 Pinnacle have any suggestions.

Also, I've noticed the owners manual that came with the unit, and the one on Jayco's website have several contradictions that I've come across. Mine says to pump antifreeze through the residential fridge. The online manual says DO NOT use antifreeze, use air. Also, my manual says always use an anode rod in the water heater. Atwoods site says this will void the warranty. There's a couple other examples also. I've had several of the major brands of RV's, and I know they all have issues. But, its just hard to believe someone from the company is not reading these owners manuals before they are printed. Sorry for the rant.
TLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:02 PM   #2

If you have an Atwood water heater, it doesn't need an anode rod. Suburban, yes.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:11 AM   #3

Not sure where they mounted your water filter, but mine was mounted so low that I couldn't unscrew the canister and remove it. It was too close to the compartment floor. I unscrewed it, and there was more than enough flex and slack in the PEX that I was able to move it up about 2", allowing me to remove the canister without spilling it.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:00 AM   #4

Luckily, ( for me ) I have just the regular TT and mounted it outside for easy access. It just slips off a bracket for easy storage and cartridge change.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 04-15-2016, 04:44 AM   #5

Don't like the sounds of your filter mountings. Just thought I'd ask if you received a filter wrench? I have a 2016 northpoint found some misc. thing in the bed storage. I think one is a plastic water filter wrench. Haven't found the filter yet though.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:24 AM   #6
TLG

It's located behind a panel in the storage compartment. As I stated, this is not the first time I've ran into issues like this. It just seems like the folks that design and build these things have little "real world" experience using them. Overall I've been impressed with the quality of this unit, compared to other brands we've had. I've tested everything but the plumbing, and so far only minor issues. Starting to warm up so I hope to get to that this weekend. (If I can get that filter off)
TLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:31 AM   #7

Oh I forgot to add, while your checking your plumbing. I'd check all your drain pipes for the sinks. I had too small drips at drain pipes.. The drain pipe fittings were just loose barely hand snug. Probably just a oversight, but simple to double check and can save a headache later.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote