Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2014, 08:46 PM   #1

Water holding tank plumbing question

Can anyone tell me what the clear tubing is for that leaves the water holding tank on my 2010 Jayco Eagle? The green / white flex water filler pipe, the pipe that supplies the water pump and this clear tubing leave the water holding tank at the same point. This clear tubing has folded and looks like it could be kinked off completely. Is it a vent? I have a hard time getting the pump to prime and wonder if this might be part of the problem. Thank you.

PS the front of the pump does not seem to be attached to the rubber base. Is it supposed to be? I cant tell from my view. It is very loose.
Parkland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:53 PM   #2

Could be a vent. On my 26BH there is a vent line that runs along the tubing from the water tank fill cap. Do you see two tubes attached to the inside of the fill cap? Could have come loose.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:23 AM   #3

We have four tubes in and out of our FW tank.

1. Filler tube (~1/2” vinyl w/ corded reinforced)
2. Pump Tube (~1/2” vinyl w/ corded reinforced)
3. Over flow/ vent (~1/2” clear plastic tube)
4. Drain Tube (~1/2” clear plastic tube)

We have one additional tube; a clear ½” plastic tube used for winterizing. It is tied to the inlet side of the pump, with two valves, one valve to isolate the FW tank and one to isolate the winterizing tube.

Before tearing anything apart, check your winterizing bypass valves. You may have one not fully closed or that has a bad seal. You could grab a gallon jug filled with water and stick the winterizing tube in the jug and see if you are able to prime the pump. I would turn the valves a few times to times to ensure no debris got stick in there and not allowing a good seal. If that does not help locate your issue, remove the clear filter screen, housing on the inlet side of the pump. Clean the screen, check the O-ring, and the housing for cracks. Ours was full of spider cracks during the middle of the first summer on our HTT and it had to be replaced.

If all that does not locate the issue, I would check the fittings are loose or damaged.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote