Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-22-2016, 06:34 PM   #1

Water in underbelly

Hello all, I pulled my eagle 365bhs 5er out today to change tires and when I jacked up on the rear axle the camper slightly listed to one side (driveway slopes that way too) and water ran out of the underbelly. I saw about 3 liters of water come out and that concerned me. I cut a small flap in the low part of that section of under belly and got about two soda cans worth of water out of there. Could be condensation, insulation didn't appear to be wet, just really weird. Water was clean and unit is empty of all fluids,winterized by blowing air through lines at 40 psi weeks ago. The temps here in NC have been very erratic to day the least. Was 43 yesterday 70 today. Was below freezing for 3 days last week.
Has anyone else experienced water in their underbelly that did not have any "leaks"?
kreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:45 PM   #2

Sounds like condensation with it getting that cold at night and then sweating on a 70 degree day.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Sounds like condensation with it getting that cold at night and then sweating on a 70 degree day.
I agree,but several days ago we had a big temp change then some rain on the warmer day. Camper wasn't moved at all during rain ,but I pulled it out just prior (15 minutes) to the rain event and the bottom had condensation all over it. Today the underside of the material was dry as a bone. Very confusing.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #4

Not sure if your underbelly is the coroplast material or not but last year I had very similar symptoms with our enclosed underbelly. Turned out to be water running down the front of the unit and onto the frame, then dripping onto the edge of the coroplast that was sticking out about a 1/4" or so past the edge of the frame. From there it would run back and pool in the underbelly until I moved the trailer or lifted/lowered it enough to let the water find a way out. I noticed it was only a problem when the trailer was stored and in part due to keeping it slightly nose-high to run the water off the back when it rained. It would also happen when I washed it. We were fairly early into our warranty so I took it back to the dealer and they dropped the underbelly to confirm it was dry at that point and then caulked along the coroplast where the problem was occurring. It's been dry ever since. I posted a couple pictures in this thread of the problem area before and after the fix:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f4...eak-31685.html
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #5

Thanks,mine is a 5w but I'll definitely look at it closer to see if any of the coroplast is exposed or can allow water into the underbelly. Thanks for the info, definitely a help.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:51 AM   #6

Anytime I found water in my underbelly, it was a plumbing leak or worse, a roof or sidewall leak.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
I had that happen on my 1st trailer.
Often.
Vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote