Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2017, 01:53 PM   #1

Water Leak

While flushing the pipes on my North Point this week I discovered a water leak behind the control panel. The leak appears to be from a connection at the blue valve lever. Unfortunately access is nearly impossible. Trying to do so from the small access hole in the underbelly is not an option. I am wondering if the best way would be to remove the control panel from the outside and gain access that way. Looking at it, there is at least one plastic pipe along with the various hoses which might make it difficult to pull the control panel out far enough to do any good. Has anyone ever removed the panel, or is this something I should avoid. I'm fairly handy, but I'm also aware of my limitations. The leak only occurs while filling the fresh water tank with a hose. Once the hose is turned off, the leak stops. My other concern appears to be a lessening of water pressure when using the faucets inside the trailer. If there's a leak at that valve location, would air getting into the system cause the pressure loss? Each year I tell myself I'm finally going to learn to love this trailer. Each year something happens to prove me wrong. Any ideas or opinions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
control.jpg  
Old 04-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #2

Take the inner walls of the basement out. Only a few screws...this will give access behind water panel. I had a few leaking when brand new and they needed tightening. Do this with all the pressure removed from lines.
Icepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:10 PM   #3

Jim,
Ice pack is right as that is what tech did when he worked on my leaks in the same area last spring. Rather than hijack your thread I'm going to start a new one as my issue has been leaks in same area two springs in a row which makes me think I'm doing something wrong when I winterize.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:58 PM   #4

Thanks guys for the info. I'll give that a try. I got through last winter, and thought I did everything the same this winter. Apparently I was mistaken.

Jim
Old 04-17-2017, 08:43 PM   #5

I just replaced my black handle valve this weekend, I worked mainly through the access panel for the water filter and I did remove the control panel (had to unhook all lines front the access panel hole they don't give any slack in the lines). If you can remove the walls in the basement that will make life much easier for you. My leak was actually a bad casting on one of the plastic elbow's. Had a pin hole leak in the mold seam. Couldn't tell it until it was under pressure.