Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
JaynLynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Avondale
Posts: 10
Weight limit on Bedroom slide Pinnacle rear bedroom

Does anyone know the weight limit on the slide out for a pinnacle rear bedroom ? Would like to put a different bed in and don't want to overload the slide. Thanks for any help or ideas!!
__________________

JaynLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:34 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Grawe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ellsworth AFB
Posts: 210
We added a new mattress to our FLSA. It is much thicker and weighs considerably more than the original but we have not experienced any issues with the slide. It has been in there for over a year now. Good luck!

Grawe
__________________

__________________
2015 Jayco Pinnacle FLSA & 2008 Chevy Duramax Dually
Grawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
JaynLynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Avondale
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawe View Post
We added a new mattress to our FLSA. It is much thicker and weighs considerably more than the original but we have not experienced any issues with the slide. It has been in there for over a year now. Good luck!

Grawe


Thanks for the reply. How much approx does that mattress weigh?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JaynLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Grawe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ellsworth AFB
Posts: 210
I don't know the exact weight but it is a luxury plush king size matress, 12 inches thick. I don't think it there would be many mattresses weighing drastically more. Additionally, when we travel, we load a few fairly heavy items on the bed for a soft ride so as far as slide out operation, we load another 80 pounds on top of the bed.

Grawe
__________________
2015 Jayco Pinnacle FLSA & 2008 Chevy Duramax Dually
Grawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:36 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
JaynLynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Avondale
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawe View Post
I don't know the exact weight but it is a luxury plush king size matress, 12 inches thick. I don't think it there would be many mattresses weighing drastically more. Additionally, when we travel, we load a few fairly heavy items on the bed for a soft ride so as far as slide out operation, we load another 80 pounds on top of the bed.

Grawe


Thanks for your info!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JaynLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 159
We put an I-Comfort memory foam thick mattress on our 2015 FBTS without problems. The only issue we have found is that it is much heavier when lifting the bed to get to the storage compartment and does not stay up on its own. We are thinking of getting a stronger hinge but haven't done that yet. Anyone have suggestions???
__________________
2015 Pinnacle 36FBTS
2015 RAM 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, Aisin Transmission, MegaCab
bethcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:06 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Larry G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Reno (home base), Oregon coast, Eloy, AZ
Posts: 937
We put a Sleep Number King in after our 1st year out and couldn't be happier.

Didn't have to worry about weight.

Safe travels...
__________________

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cogan Station
Posts: 5
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaynLynne View Post
Does anyone know the weight limit on the slide out for a pinnacle rear bedroom ? Would like to put a different bed in and don't want to overload the slide. Thanks for any help or ideas!!
We replaced Our Denver mattress with new premium mattress (much better) about 15" thick. We also found the bed assy. was hard to lift and wouldn't stay up , so I had to replace stock struts which were 80 lbs. with 120 lbs and everything is ok now.
stugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 159
Do u you have more info on the 120 pound struts?
__________________
2015 Pinnacle 36FBTS
2015 RAM 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, Aisin Transmission, MegaCab
bethcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:52 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cogan Station
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugie View Post
We replaced Our Denver mattress with new premium mattress (much better) about 15" thick. We also found the bed assy. was hard to lift and wouldn't stay up , so I had to replace stock struts which were 80 lbs. with 120 lbs and everything is ok now.
No I don't at this time ,but I will try to find part #s for You.
First thing You will also need to do is check the struts that are currently on Your bed for following to made sure You are getting correct ones . 1. Measure length of strut fully extended from center of hole on each end of rod. 2. Look at side of strut to see what pound they are now should have #s on them. I believe they may be 80lbs now and they make 120 & 150 lbs.
__________________

stugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.