Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #1

who has a 375 bhfs eagle premier

Really thinking about getting a 2015 375 bhfs eagle premiere. Any reasons not to. Looks like a really nice camper.
bluesquiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. Good luck deciding.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:20 PM   #3

They're big. Long and wide when fully slid out. If your going places with small spaces you may not fit. You can't move inside without the slides out so overnighting on the road is difficult. With the island, you can't open the fridge without sliding the kitchen, making it hard to load the groceries.

Absolutely love ours and wouldn't have anything else. Everything above is minor to me. Love the outside kitchen and separate room for the kids.

Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #4

We have a 351 RSTS Premier and love it. They are big units, hard to squeeze into small spaces, expensive, get lousy mileage towing it and....wouldn't trade it for anything. Outdoor kitchens rock. We looked at the 375 but had no use for the bunks as it's just missus and me.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachRetreat View Post
They're big. Long and wide when fully slid out. If your going places with small spaces you may not fit. You can't move inside without the slides out so overnighting on the road is difficult. With the island, you can't open the fridge without sliding the kitchen, making it hard to load the groceries.

Absolutely love ours and wouldn't have anything else. Everything above is minor to me. Love the outside kitchen and separate room for the kids.
Reading the first part , I didn't expect a happy ending.

Sounds a bit like a love story.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:29 PM   #6

We have a 2014 375 BHFS and WE LOVE IT!!!! Can' speak a whole lot to how fun it is to pull because we picked it up in Middlebury and towed it straight to our seasonal site where she has sat since then. In my 20 years of owning a camper, this is the first one I can honestly say meets everything we wanted plus some,
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:53 AM   #7

If this is your first unit then I would caution on the sheer size. As said above you do have to know your limits on spots, roads and storage. With a full size CC pick up you're at about 60ft.

We love ours and it does meet every need+ a few. Short trips are a little work since you have 2X's the tanks to service and with all the slides and such, but that is not a bother to me.
Usually we just pop out the fridge slide on the road to eat at truck stops, but you could not stop and bump out the bunks to overnight without a proper site.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:47 AM   #8

We have a 2015 37.5BHTS and absolutely LOVE it. Yes, it is big, but just check out park reviews ahead of time to see if they're big-rig friendly, then you'll have no issues. It's totally worth it for the second bathroom (I swear my oldest kid has a bladder the size of a gnat) and for the kids space in the back (mine seem to think 6 AM is a great time to get up. Ummm, no. A few puzzle books and games back there and we get to sleep in a little!). We wouldn't go smaller after having this one for a while.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #9

We upgraded from the X23B (24') to the 351 RLTS (39') and the first trip or two I'd figured I'd bitten off more than I cared to chew. We've travelled almost 7000mi now and I'm getting the hang of it. The biggest pluses for us (jus us 2) are the ROOM (echo-echo-echo) and storage space. The Premier line is equipped very nice and our floor plan fits us perfectly. When loaded I think the 375 would put us over weight (SRW). What do you have for a TV?
Check back in as you move forward.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:58 PM   #10

We go in tomorrow to see what they are going to give us for our grayhawk 31ss and then make a offer on it. We did go to seasonal lot this year and are sure we will stay seasonal
Old 03-13-2015, 09:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesquiral View Post
We go in tomorrow to see what they are going to give us for our grayhawk 31ss and then make a offer on it. We did go to seasonal lot this year and are sure we will stay seasonal
it has 4 tvs . we really liked the kitchen living area lay out
Old 03-13-2015, 11:18 PM   #12

Good luck. You're just across the river from me. Are you looking at Thompson RV?

Old 03-14-2015, 08:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesquiral View Post
it has 4 tvs . we really liked the kitchen living area lay out
Well we got more than we were expecting for our grayhawk and came to a deal on the camper. The service at Thompson was great absolutely no pressure at all. Highly recommend them to anyone looking at campers.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #14

Congratulations. It was great weather here today to look. I was able to wash and wax the front cap on mine this afternoon. I looked for your Greyhawk at the dealership when we drove by this morning, but couldn't see it through all their inventory.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:11 PM   #15

I have a 2015 375. The layout and feel was by far the best I found after looking at tons of trailers. We bought it because it has four bunks in the second bedroom and enough room for all of us to watch a movie in the living room too. Many of the other bunkhouses don't have enough comfortable seats in the living room to gather if you want. We use the trailer in the winter so we gather indoors maybe more than others would if using during the summer months. That being said, I think I got a lemon. I've needed mobile RV service the last two times I took it out. It was in the shop for 70 days the first time and I just dropped it off again today. After doing a lot of research most people love their Jayco, so I'm inclined to say that my problems are isolated.
Jdubaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubaustin View Post
I have a 2015 375. The layout and feel was by far the best I found after looking at tons of trailers. We bought it because it has four bunks in the second bedroom and enough room for all of us to watch a movie in the living room too. Many of the other bunkhouses don't have enough comfortable seats in the living room to gather if you want. We use the trailer in the winter so we gather indoors maybe more than others would if using during the summer months. That being said, I think I got a lemon. I've needed mobile RV service the last two times I took it out. It was in the shop for 70 days the first time and I just dropped it off again today. After doing a lot of research most people love their Jayco, so I'm inclined to say that my problems are isolated.
OK, I'll bite, please don't make me regret it. What type of problems do you have? There aren't that many 2015s yet.

Also, like you we do a fair bit of cold weather camping. I'm in the middle of adding water shut off valves so I can isolate the rear plumbing so winterizing is easier.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #17

My wife and I just picked ours up 3 days ago. The first problem we have had so far is the track that the shower doors sit in leaked the first shower we took. There was plenty of caulking on the side by the sink but the toilet side did and water came from where the two pieces of metal fold if that makes sense. I just got a little tube of bathroom caulking and fixed it myself not a big deal but thats the first thing.

I am also in the process of setting up a sewer solution so that I can dump everything at once while. I will post a pictures on how I did it. I am making it so that I can just unscrew everything once my wife has the twins and we travel to visit our folks in O.K. and A.Z.

Oh almost forgot the dealership still owes us a new radio because the one we have doesn't work. The part is on order just waiting for it to come in.
SSGWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubaustin View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your new trailer. Like BeachRetreat said, please provide some specifics on your problem(s). That information could help others in this forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 03-19-2015, 05:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGWhite View Post
<snip>...
I am also in the process of setting up a sewer solution so that I can dump everything at once while. I will post a pictures on how I did it. I am making it so that I can just unscrew everything once my wife has the twins and we travel to visit our folks in O.K. and A.Z.
Can you elaborate on that? You've piqued my curiosity. Thanks

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
Can you elaborate on that? You've piqued my curiosity. Thanks
until i can get some pictures taken and posted. I went to my local camper store (CSRA Camperland) and bought two adapters that go right over our RV sewer pipes. On one end it has the hooks to go around the nipples and the other end is threaded. Then I went to Home Depot and bought two pieces of 3"x10' sewer pipe. One 3" 90 degree and one 3" T adaptor. the last thing I bought was two 3" to a threaded adaptor. Once put all together I can take it off and on in less then a minute. I will have everything done this weekend and I will post some pictures.