Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2016, 10:57 PM   #11
I can see paying a prep fee. The dealer does have to do work to the unit when it gets to their lot in order for it to be clean and ready to hit the road.

It's another thing to pay the fee and then the trailer not be ready to roll on the designated date.

When we bought our trailer, we had the dealer install an onan genset. They said it would take about a week before they could have it installed and we didn't need it for about two and a half weeks anyhow, so we set the pick up date for two weeks hence.

So I call on the day (Wednesday) to make sure we were good to go. They hadn't even started the installation. We had already booked a campsite for that Saturday, so we told them that they better have it done by Friday. When we picked up that Friday they subtly complained that they were there until about 11pm Thursday night finishing the install. Needless to say, I told them that was their own fault. I gave them a full week longer than they said they needed and they still didn't have it done. They weren't getting any sympathy from me and we're lucky that I didn't give them a harder time about it.

ResidentEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:53 AM   #12
Wine a bit, you'll feel better.

Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually, 4X4, Demco Hijacker 21K Autoslide on RAM Puck, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4:10's, Loaded
Wagon: 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote