Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2015, 07:11 PM   #1

winterizing washer lines

I know this has been asked before, but I can't remember the replies. Got a '16 Pinnacle FLSA. Next week will be our last trip 'till spring. First time winterizing this coach. Majority of the water system looks fairly simple, Just like the rest we've owned. I don't get the washer supply lines. We don't have the washer/dryer, but I know there is plumbing in the master bedroom closet. Is it necessary to remove the wall in the closet to get to the lines to open them and run antifreeze through?
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:19 AM   #2

My thought is if they have never been opened then they would be full of pressurized air with a little water near the tee off the main line. When you open the low point drains the little water that is in there should drain out.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:30 AM   #3

My opinion would be to locate all the plumbing and make sure it is filled with anti-freeze.

Least expensive path come springtime.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:16 PM   #4

Hi kevin and Beth,

I actually asked Jayco this very question and was told that if these lines were not filled then to open the low points, let drain and this should be all that is required. I was able to take out the screws that secure the shelves in the closet and pull out the thin plywood to expose the valves. After I evacuated all the water lines and with air pressure applied I cracked open these two valve just to make sure that there wasn't any water in them. When you look in the closet you will see the different thickness on the right side. The valves are located, on the right side of the small closet, just behind the plywood panel about 3 1/2 ft off the floor. Hope this helps

Ron (Augie)
2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA
2013 Ram Laramie 3500 (Dually)
Curt Q20 hitch
Raugustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #5

Really wasn't a lot to it. Not much different than all the others we've owned. Removed the top shelf in the corner closet and the cutoff valves were right there inside the partition wall. Easy to get to. I do think I'm gonna make an access door and put the shelf back in. Did learn something though....th residential fridge. Kept pumping antifreeze through but couldn't get anything through the icemaker and the ater in the door option. I'm thinking maybe this fridge has a tank inside for chilled water. After another 3 gallons of antifreeze and nothing showing up in the door, I called my dealer and talked with one of the tech guys. He told me there really isn't a good way to do it...they just keep pumping and sometimes use pressurized systems to force the antifreeze through a little quicker. Should take around 4 minutes. I told him I'd been pumping for probably 15 minutes and no color yet....He told me "you do know the filter takes out the color, right?" UH....NO I DIDN'T. Another lesson learned....
Old 11-29-2015, 09:27 PM   #6

I attached Jayco's recommendation for winterizing the residential fridge with icemaker...see Post #7 under "Winterizing our 377RLBH...feedback please"

Ron (Augie)
2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA
2013 Ram Laramie 3500 (Dually)
Curt Q20 hitch
Raugustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:22 AM   #7

We still have our coach on a site and the power is still on, just wanted to get the plumbing taken care of. I haven't looked for the mentioned valves, and the tech guys at the dealer didn't either. Good to know. I did order a bypass kit for the fridge water filter, and a new filter for next spring. We continue to use our unit through the winter on and off, just not the plumbing.