Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2017, 09:42 AM   #1

Wireless remote for awnings/slides, etc.

Hello,

This is my first post in this forum.

We are looking at buying a 2017 North Point 375bhfs and were at the dealer's lot yesterday. We had researched the unit beforehand and had printed off the standard equipment and the options and were checking them off as we walked through the unit and comparing to the MSRP sheet dealer gave us. It reads that the unit has the Customer Value Package, the North Point Package, and the Luxury Fifth Wheel Package.

From the information I found on Jayco's website, the wireless remote control for awnings/slides/levelers, etc. comes included in the North Point Package.

However, we didn't see one in the unit. We asked, and they didn't give us a good answer, only saying if it's not in the unit, it's not included. What gives? Can anyone here clarify this for me? In your experience, does every North Point 5th wheel come with a wireless remote for the awnings/slides/levelers/exterior lights or not?

We also asked specifically where the wiring for the back-up camera prep (also supposedly included in the Luxury Fifth Wheel package) was, and the salesperson said it didn't look like this unit was pre-wired.

I tried calling Jayco directly, but it's the weekend, and got the message to call back during business hours.

Thanks for any help.
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:09 AM   #2

With my new North Point the wireless remote is an app on my phone
Dober2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dober2004 View Post
With my new North Point the wireless remote is an app on my phone

Interesting...maybe that's it. You would think the salesperson would know more...but I guess not

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #4

The wireless app onecontrol would have a black touch screen on the wall with LCI in white logo.

The Linc remote would be a small hand held touch screen that slips in and out of a black holder on the wall.

Far as I know, all 2017 units are prewired for rear camera. On the Eagles, the switch is in the docking station and labeled.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitelover View Post
You would think the salesperson would know more..

Thanks.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
The wireless app onecontrol would have a black touch screen on the wall with LCI in white logo.

The Linc remote would be a small hand held touch screen that slips in and out of a black holder on the wall.

Far as I know, all 2017 units are prewired for rear camera. On the Eagles, the switch is in the docking station and labeled.

Earl
So it has the black touch screen on the wall, but there is no hand-held remote and no bracket on the wall for one either. A couple of the other North Point units had the little remotes on the wall. Not sure if those had been in stock longer or what the deal is. Maybe they cut them out and went strictly to an app, or maybe they just forgot to install the hand-held remote...hard to say at this point.

Thanks for the input. I did a little more research about the wiring for the back-up camera and found that it is behind the middle light on the back top near the roof line. Salesperson was looking up in that direction and said it didn't look like it had been pre-wired...not sure what she was looking for. I knew it didn't have the camera itself already installed and specifically was asking about the prep work.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #7

I have no handheld remote. There is a fixed panel on the wall and a cell phone app. I guess they changed them. My North Point came off the line the end of January.
Dober2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #8

If it has the black touch screen on the wall it's the onecontrol. There is no remote. You use your smart phone with an app or a tablet with an app as the remote. Or you control the remote items at thier switches or from the wall screen.

Early 2017 units have the handheld Linc remotes. Late 2017 units have the onecontrol which uses the wall screen and your phone or tablet as the remote.

Earl
Old 04-01-2017, 01:58 PM   #9

Quote:
If it has the black touch screen on the wall it's the onecontrol. There is no remote. You use your smart phone with an app or a tablet with an app as the remote. Or you control the remote items at thier switches or from the wall screen.

Early 2017 units have the handheld Linc remotes. Late 2017 units have the onecontrol which uses the wall screen and your phone or tablet as the remote.

Earl
Okay, got it. Thanks to everyone for the help. Guess I'll have to educate the dealer. I knew I could get the straight scoop here.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:19 AM   #10

When you are getting neutral, unknowing answers, it sounds like your dealer or your specific sales person doesn't sell very many North Points. You did exactly the right thing to get the best info; use these forums and if still not answered to your liking, call Jayco directly.

2015 Jayco Pinnacle FLSA & 2008 Chevy Duramax

Anxiously awaiting retirement where I have been told everyday is a Saturday
Old 04-02-2017, 12:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitelover View Post
Hello,

We are looking at buying a 2017 North Point 375bhfs and were at the dealer's lot yesterday. We had researched the unit beforehand and had printed off the standard equipment and the options and were checking them off as we walked through the unit and comparing to the MSRP sheet dealer gave us. It reads that the unit has the Customer Value Package, the North Point Package, and the Luxury Fifth Wheel Package.

I recently got a new 2017 301RETS North Point with all of the upgrade packages you mentioned with 2nd awning & AC, tankless heater, convection oven, generator, wash/dryer, fire place brick upgrade More-ride cable box, king bed, and added backup camera & inverter. I did not want cheap and gauked at Pinnacle/Designer costs. So far we back yard camped and made sure everything got used. I had a piece of trim cracked but I am a woodworker and glued it back together. All is good & I am glad with my purchase so far. I guess I wanted quality up front that I could afford.

I have the older type remote. I am going to install solar & macerator pump with pieces on order. Ok my wife thinks I went overboard with extra toys so I unplugged AC and turned on the TV so she liked that but still did not understand solar when I said we could not keep it on long like that. North Points have a big battery box you will want to fill up.
NorthPoint5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:51 PM   #12

Control 3.0

Yes, on the wall is the master control panel (touch screen) to operate the slides, awnings, lights and auto-level or landing gear.

You download the app and use the information in the trailer to control all of these things through the app on your phone - very nice.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawe View Post
When you are getting neutral, unknowing answers, it sounds like your dealer or your specific sales person doesn't sell very many North Points. You did exactly the right thing to get the best info; use these forums and if still not answered to your liking, call Jayco directly.

2015 Jayco Pinnacle FLSA & 2008 Chevy Duramax

Anxiously awaiting retirement where I have been told everyday is a Saturday
Yes, I think you're right about the salesperson. That dealer hasn't been selling Jayco long, and they know a lot more about the Keystone Montana line.

We ended up passing on the unit at this particular dealer and started looking at a different dealer. Unfortuate, because we bought our first unit (a Rockwood TT) there and had a good experience. Still...when it's not right, you just have to walk away.

We found one that is actually more to our liking since the first one would have necessitated a lot of aftermarket work (adding slide toppers and doing generator prep).

Fingers crossed that we can work a deal on this one. It has more options than the first one we looked at, including the upgraded Goodyear G-rated tires, thermopane windows, residential-style refrigerator, on-demand tankless water heater, the generator prep is factory, the slide toppers are factory installed, and it has the Sanicon dump system. The 2nd AC unit is on both units we've looked at.

We're still crunching the numbers but really hope it works out. The only thing I can think of that I would change if I were ordering it would be to change the "Cedar" interior color scheme to one of the others, maybe Dark Maple, but it's not that big of a deal.

Salesperson at this dealership seems to know his stuff. He tried to explain to me what a Sanicon dump system actually does, but I kind of zoned out. I remember hearing the word "turbo," LOL.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #14

Quote:
If you are in an area without cell service does the app still work? We camp at places without cell service.

Earl
If you are in an area without cell service does the app still work? We camp at places without cell service.
camjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by camjam View Post
Yes as long as you already have the apps downloaded. It communicates through WiFi.

Earl
Old 04-05-2017, 04:44 PM   #16

Yes, The wifi connection comes from the camper - no need to have any service. The camper wifi is contained - can't get to internet through it. Once you pair the app to the wifi it always conncects when you open the app.

very simple!!
Old 04-10-2017, 07:43 PM   #17

When I picked up my new 2016 375BHFS, the remote holder on the wall was empty...the remote was lost. They had to get me a new remote and program it for me.
SlawDawg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #18

Wish I had the APP. Took our unit in for warranty and when I picked it up the screen was broke. Haven't see a replacement since and I'll be surprise if I ever get one again as the advisor quit and nobody knows anything about it. The App is the way to go if that is what you have.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:08 AM   #19

Has anyone else had trouble getting your phone to connect to the trailer? I've tried numerous times and it won't connect, is there a trick I'm missing?
bender88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:25 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender88 View Post
Has anyone else had trouble getting your phone to connect to the trailer? I've tried numerous times and it won't connect, is there a trick I'm missing?
You downloaded and are using the Onecontrol app, correct? Is the router showing it has power? The code should be case sensitive, so make sure you enter the code exactly. Make sure your phone WiFi is on.

Earl