Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2016, 05:36 PM   #1

wiring diagram

just bought 2016 jayco eagle ht fifth wheel. Problem is the battery shut off switch does not shut anything off. Looks like the power wire is on the wrong side of the switch. Does anybody have a wiring diagram of that switch or know how to find one. The dealer says make an appointment but I live too far away.
maricich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maricich View Post
just bought 2016 jayco eagle ht fifth wheel. Problem is the battery shut off switch does not shut anything off. Looks like the power wire is on the wrong side of the switch. Does anybody have a wiring diagram of that switch or know how to find one. The dealer says make an appointment but I live too far away.
If you have the same converter as mine, two wires between the battery switch and the converter. They had the wires reversed on mine and the switch would not shut off the 12 volt. Look at the wiring diagram for your converter model. If you don't have it you can get it from the manufacturers website or just google it.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #3

Thank you for the reply. Are you talking about awiring diagram for the inverter or for the rv itself? I can't seem to find either on google. It seems like all I would need is a simple diagram of the 12 volt system. Could you send me a picture of yours with the colors of the wires going to the switch. Thank you.
maricich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:10 PM   #4

maricich,
I went through exactly what you're trying to figure out on my Eagle HT. See this post for details and photos:http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f4...tml#post424499
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:08 AM   #5

Here's the page for my converter. Not sure if you have the same, if you do, you have to read the section under "DC Disconnect". If you have two wires coming from the battery disconnect, they must be hooked as stated and the jumper removed. If this does not help, I suggest you read BuddyRays post linked in previous post.
Attached Thumbnails
PD Converter.JPG  
Old 09-19-2016, 04:42 AM   #6

can you post a pic of the switch and wires. Unit wiring differs with size and accessories.
Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually, 4X4, Demco HiJacker 21K Autoslide on RAM Puck, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4:10's, 51 Gallon Titan fuel tank, Superhitch 30K lb receiver, Jack Rabbit bed cover.
Wagon: 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s, Solid Step, 1 ton mini split HVAC, Back up cam.
Tote: Custom built swivel wheel tote (one torsion axle w/dual tires) with a Rampage lift.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote