Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2015, 05:41 PM   #1

Wiring Diagrams

I'm trying to get the wiring schematics for our coach (2015/36FBTS) from Jayco, so far it's not going well. I requested the detailed hookup wiring diagrams and they sent me a simple two page line drawing showing next to nothing. I've seen on here were several people have requested the diagrams and received something like a 9-11 page pdf file showing all the detailed hookups etc. I called Jayco and the guy I talked to said he doesn't know what I'm talking about. Is there some secret to getting these drawing???

Frustrated
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:49 PM   #2

The only have schematics not detailed drawings, never did. JAYCO rep gave you correct info.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #3

TexasRT

I have AC & DC wiring schematics for our trailer (2015 Eagle Premier 361REQS) that Jayco did provide me.
If Jayco dosn't provide them directly to you upon request, you could ask your dealer to request a copy for you. That's what I did to get a Floor Plan layout diagram for our trailer.

As Grumpy indicated, they are only 1 page pdf file for each.
However, they do provide a good overview of what electrical components are connected to which circuits.

Not sure if that's the detail you're looking for or how similar mine would be to your trailer, but if you're interested, I would be happy to share them with you.
If interested send me a PM with your email address and I'll email them to you.

Tom
Old 12-24-2015, 09:43 AM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Assume you have to make a few more phone calls. Sometimes the people answering the phones would rather get rid of you than help you...and I'm talking in general. Just be patient and persistent, don't get pushed off, but be nice.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:30 AM   #5

ROC-REQS
Thanks for responding and the offer. I did recieve the 1 page drawings you mentioned. I was hoping for something with some actual detail, i.e showing the wire connections to switches, wire colors etc.
As I told the Jayco rep, if I'm looking at the back of a switch that has four wires on it, it would be nice to like at a drawing and be able to see excatly what each wire feeds by looking at a drawing versus tracing all them by hand or having to ring them out with a meter. The drawing they sent me doesn't even show the main awning or front cap lights

RogerS
I'm not finished making phone calls. The drawing I'm looking has to exist somewhere. You don't put this amount of wiring in anything and claim to go off the drawings they're providing.

Thanks for the replies and have a Merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2015, 11:56 AM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Yeah, I understand your frustration. I was doing a warranty inspection of an 03 Country Coach and all the wiring was labeled...very nice work, but don't see it often.

You might want to consider a trip to the Jayco factory. You might enjoy the trip and being onsite has some value. Maybe take one of them out for a beer.

The rep may not understand as so few of us owners make the commitment to gain that information.

You might find some information on their website or on a youtube video or a related website. You might check with the maintenance dept at your local dealer to see what they could do for you. Amazing what you can find on the internet.

Note: put schematic/wiring schematic/diagrams search terms into their web site and their online manuals. No luck. Don't think they are focused on diy owners.

If I was helping you, since I'm a certified rv tech and rv inspector, it would interesting to see what I could get, but they might only provide info if I'm on their approved list of qualified repairers.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:11 PM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Here is a thought:
http://northshorebook.com/north-file...g-diagrams.pdf

Rv Electrical Wiring Diagrams
Download or Read Online rv electrical wiring diagrams in PDF format

Not sure if they will be specific enough.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
ROC-REQS

I'm not finished making phone calls. The drawing I'm looking has to exist somewhere. You don't put this amount of wiring in anything and claim to go off the drawings they're providing.
Stop by your dealer and ask to see what they use. It's going to be exactly what you were sent. A schematic, not a detailed drawing.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
Here is a thought:
http://northshorebook.com/north-file...g-diagrams.pdf

Rv Electrical Wiring Diagrams
Download or Read Online rv electrical wiring diagrams in PDF format

Not sure if they will be specific enough.
Thanks again, I'll check-out the link.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #10
Lost in the Woods

I would not get too wound up over the language. Yes the dealer would get "schematics," but words like diagrams and drawings are also useful words depending on who you are talking to and the value being provided.

I think he wants something a bit more pictoral in nature which makes the schematic information easier to translate and identify. Nothing wrong with that.

Based on what he said it sounds like he could sort it out wire by wire, and may have to do that anyway, but we all like making it easier on ourselves and that means more pictoral like drawings and diagrams.

At least this is not one of those "emergency, everything has gone dark, what do I do?" posts.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post

I think he wants something a bit more pictoral in nature which makes the schematic information easier to translate and identify. Nothing wrong with that.
I agree, but when they only use a schematic that shows a wire going from point "A" to point "B", it's guage and it's color not it's exact location in the unit, that is what they will send out. That's all I've ever gotten since 1977.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I agree, but when they only use a schematic that shows a wire going from point "A" to point "B", it's guage and it's color not it's exact location in the unit, ...snip
If you see the assembly line (like I'm sure Grumpy and many others have), you'll see how much the folks on the factory floor seem to do wiring, plumbing lines, duct placement, etc. 'on the fly.' I'm sure they are using little more than the schematics.

This helps explain why detailed assembly diagrams etc. aren't available, and helps explain the wiring mistakes, kinked water lines, and collapsed ducts people mention in JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:27 PM   #13
Lost in the Woods

Well, you do the best you can and just deal with it. A WSJ article I read the other day on RV trends had a mfg rep talk about new RV buyers who expect auto reliability as if that was a new concept. Nothing will change until they apply the lemon laws to RVs and the right to revocation.

But anything you get is helpful and sometimes there is more to be gotten than we are aware of. One of the first things I would do after purchasing a unit would be to identify all the fuses, mark them, replace them with the new fuses that light up when they fail, and document as much of the electrical systems as possible and yeah that takes some knowledge and a bit of doing, but it can't be all fun - right!
Old 08-07-2017, 05:06 PM   #14

New Redhawks 22j

Does anyone know it there is 12 volt wring close to the existing roof vent that has no fan. I want to install a fantastic vent fan in the existing area of the roof where the vent is now.... Need power for the New vent.... Thanks
New jayco user woody is offline   Reply With Quote