Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #1

Wish me luck with my 26.5rls

Tomorrow I take my 5th wheel in for the 3rd time (140 miles round trip) to hopefully get the living room slide working properly. The dealer is installing a new ram on the slide to hopefully help correct a mis-alignment problem. The slide currently sets crooked in the wall opening. Its tight in the upper rear corner and bottom front corner. Its so tight when the slide is closed it peels the rubber glass trim out of the slide rear window. (the seal is currently not installed) Just Adjustment hasn't helped so far, we'll see. With this issue and all of the quality control issues I've fixed this hasn't been an enjoyable purchase. Wish I had my old 25rks back.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #2

Update,
Had the new ram installed today, and it was somewhat successful in solving the misalignment problems. The slide is still not square in the wall opening, but at least its not peeling the rubber exterior trim off of the windows on the side of the slide, you can see where its sliding on the carpet though. The tech has really tried to get this problem resolved, but it would appear that something is out of square. Slide/wall opening/mounting points on the back of the slide tracks,or? He has been in contact with Jayco, and the ram was their solution so far.
I had also made a post pertaining to the decals on the wall and slide and how they are mis aligned. As more adjustments are made on the slide the more they are misaligned. It seems they were installed with the slide incorrectly installed in the first place.
So far buying my second Jayco has not been a pleasant experience. I hope to do some traveling this winter, and maybe I'll pursue the slide issues next spring. Enough frustration for awhile.
As the saying goes: Buyer beware
Old 09-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Mine is a 2003 and the only real issues I'm dealing with are from the rig sitting too long in one place so I can't blame anyone for that.

I have contacted Jayco by web form and email on a few issues I'm working on though, and my experience is that I get a fast and polite reply promising to have someone help me with my questions, then, nothing. Maybe someday my ship will dock and I'll be able to buy a new unit to see if they will talk to me
3330 is offline   Reply With Quote