Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2015, 06:56 PM   #1

"You" by klassic

You son of a gun! You made me!!!!

Yes! I am the one and Lord hopes......the only.
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:11 PM   #2
Site Team

OK ya got me. What is this about? Lol

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:24 PM   #3

Well, we will let klassic explain that one when or, if he responds to this thread. Perhaps this thread will be short lived.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:50 PM   #4

Or perhaps you should have posted in the thread your message was directed toward so people know what in the heck you're talking about. Who knows if Klassic will ever find this one, dalengail?
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #5

I think klassic will see this thread soon, SmokerBill. It stems from a private email he sent. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get in to reply back. So, I decided to start this thread in hopes he will see it and my original post.

I have nothing to hide!
Old 12-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalengail View Post
I think klassic will see this thread soon, SmokerBill. It stems from a private email he sent. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get in to reply back. So, I decided to start this thread in hopes he will see it and my original post.

I have nothing to hide!
So you were unable to send him a PM?
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:40 AM   #7

Crabman, that is correct.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:30 AM   #8

The SOB you were at did $6000 worth of warranty work on my SOB rig when I was 2.5 years out of warranty.
You walked around with your roll of red tape and marked everything that was broken, whether from the factory or if I broke it.
I couldn't believe the customer service you guys gave.
I brought my rig to you in sept (I forget the year 2012?) and picked it up in December, but you had already left the company and Kevin (?) took over and gave me a factory tour at 5:00 when everyone was gone.

I really feel bad that I bailed on the SOB and came to Jayco.
But the other brand has just gone stale... No new exciting floor plans, interior is getting outdated. I gave them a chance but nothing exciting turned up for 2016.

I had you pegged the first time you said in a thread you were cust service for SOB near Goshen , but I was wasn't quite sure because you are in a Jayco now.
I would have spotted you in a second if I heard your accent. Lol.

I was the rig that had the 2009 first generation square front cap, and you offered to replace it with the current normal looking cap.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:06 AM   #9

klassic,

I appreciate all the kind words!! That is just what we did back then. It was November of 2011 when I retired for many personal reasons that I will not go into here.

You do not in any way need to feel bad about bailing on that brand!!! I too, gave them chances to get one of those units and agree 100% about being outdated on floor plans or interior colors. We never saw anything that turned us on! And, I could have practically stolen one because, I worked there!

14 months ago when we shopped and bought, we had looked at 2015 Pinnacles. The 36FBTS really excited us but, at the time, we felt we could not afford to spend what the dealer was asking. So, we settled for another SOB made directly in Goshen. Sad to say, it turned out to be a bad decision. Another story I'll not go into here.

We started looking again. This time we found what we originally wanted at a local dealer. We struck a deal and that is how and why we are here and couldn't be happier. This Pinnacle is way more 5th wheel than what those other two big SOB manufacturers could ever build!!

So, if I don't feel guilty about bailing....... and, I absolutely do not, neither should you! You and I both did what we had to do.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:41 AM   #10

Now that we know more ????
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #11

What more do you want to know, RoyBraddy?
Old 12-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #12

Haha... The long and short of this cryptic conversation is Dale could have practically driven another very popular brand right off the factory floor and probably could have it worked on for free if there was any problems, but chose to buy a Jayco.
It sort of makes me feel better about my choice. Maybe Jayco is as good as I've been reading about all these years.
This is my first Jayco after having 2 of the same SOB's
So far so good.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #13

SOB's = some other brand?
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #14

klassic, you are absolutely correct about taking any unit off the factory floor. I could have bought one for factory cost! And yes, could have had factory warranty repairs for a long time. But, as you briefly mentioned, we was practically doing that, anyway. After all, your unit was 2.5 years out of warranty.

Every brand from every manufacturer has their good and bad points and features. That is why there are so many brands and manufacturers. It's competition.

However, I honestly believe that we have the best of all world's with our Jayco products. They have been in business 2 and 3 times longer than most of the other manufactures out there. Are there things that I would change on the Pinnacle? You bet! I'd really rather have the 6 point hydraulic leveling system but, this electric will do.

So far, the several little issues that we have found and had repaired on this Pinnacle have not cost me one red cent! That is as it should be!!! That is all I have ever asked of the brands we have ever bought and, in my working days, that is how I wanted to treat the retail customer. Because, I was one back then, too.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:16 PM   #15
Site Team

dalengail, I wish you were my neighbor! Thanks for an entertaining thread.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #16

Glad that was cleared up! I thought this was going to be like a TV series that got canceled before anyone knew what was going on!
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #17

SmokerBill, that is correct.

To all of you who have participated in this thread, there is a little more to it than that and, perhaps it is time to "spill the beans" and wind this thread down.

Please understand that my intent is to NOT bash any other brands throughout this thread. It simply turns out that klassic correctly determined that I was once the retail customer support rep for Forest River Cedar Creek. That happened from May of 2009 until I retired on the first of November of 2011. My superiors determined that, since I was a retail customer, even though it was for an SOB, I might be able to do the job of doing whatever it took to retain Cedar Creek customers but, in a way that I didn't give away the farm unless there was a darn good reason. I usually managed to get their blessing on more severe cases. I had many , many rewarding experiences! And, some.....not so much. But, all good things for various reasons, sometimes do come to an end. I simply aquired "burn-out" for the most part.

Thus, my previous statement. I have nothing to hide and no regrets. Gail and I are both retired now, and have done some traveling over the last 3 or 4 years. Both with and without the RV. Now, since we have this big beautiful Jayco, we intend to use it more for our travels and hopefully bump into some of you fine folks......who knows where!
Old 12-02-2015, 03:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Glad that was cleared up! I thought this was going to be like a TV series that got canceled before anyone knew what was going on!

Doc,
Do you mean like 'Lost'? A few years back.. They sure had me 'lost' on that show!