Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-01-2015, 03:16 PM   #1

12 Volt TV Hooked to Jensen Entertainment Unit

We recently purchased a 2015 White Hawk 25BHS with a TV on a swivel. One of the first things I noticed was that the TV doesn't work unless the TT is hooked to a generator or shore power. Much of the time we are dry camping and like to retire to the bedroom and watch TV at night. I'm thinking about switching out the 120 volt AC TV with a 12 volt DC TV. I have 2 generators to run the A/C and recharge the batteries during the day so draining the batteries isn't a concern.

My question is, can I permanently hook the 12 volt TV power cable directly into the back of the Jensen entertainment unit?
Old 01-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #2

I would say it is probably possible, but you may pop the stereo fuse. Probably would work fine if you connect before the stereo fuse and use a fuse for the tv too. Another option might be to see if there is a 12v accessory location nearby. The tv may have an adapter for that. A third option is you could keep your current tv and buy an inverter. Probably wouldn't need a big one as the tv is probably not a high wattage.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote