Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #1

14 jay flight swift 267bhs vs. 15 Jay Flight 26 bhs

If our current camper is totaled with flood damage these may be a consideration. Considering a 3-4k difference, does the 15 model offer that much more? I do notice a ladder on the 15 model and. A 32 vs 26 inch tv. Any advice is appreciated in distinguishing the value and features of the two models.
Brett K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #2

You can search a bit and see comparisons between swift and JayFlight models. There are a lot of little things that matter to some and not others. Twice I have chose the JayFlight over the Swift because some of these things matter to me.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:12 AM   #3

We lost our Jay Flight 26bh in a flood in late April; 14 inches of water inside. We bought a new TT from a different manufacture. I suggest spending as much time possible researching.
1990 Toyota- Winnebago Warrior
kuzbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #4

I don't see the swift on Jayco's website. I know the 26BH has #1000 higher GVWR and there are more options available on the Jay Flight.
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:37 AM   #5

I mistakenly looked at the 2015 26bh last week. I was picking up my 2014 264 swift. I was told by my salesperson that Jayco got rid of the Swift, too many lines. I wished I had waited. There were many small things I wish I had:
**All led lights (just did the conversion)
**an integrated thermostat for AC/heat, with actually temperatures.
**A window that opened on the top bunk (small but would provide air)
**A sunroof over the shower
**The bulky "fancy" light over the table is now a generic one
**There were lifts on the bed, I just installed mine.
**curtains for the bunks, which would be great when we go to bed and the kids are asleep (next mod on my list).
**the fabrics were nicer IMO

If you asked me, I would say the 2015 is very nice and it would be worth it.
the weight was comparable to the swift (4800 empty).

I came home and told my wife and regret about purchasing too soon kicked in (although I am extremely happy with my 2014. I figured that is just the Apple syndrome, always having to make upgrades--maybe I will lease my next trailer.
bbarba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarba View Post
I mistakenly looked at the 2015 26bh last week. I was picking up my 2014 264 swift. I was told by my salesperson that Jayco got rid of the Swift, too many lines. I wished I had waited. There were many small things I wish I had:
**All led lights (just did the conversion)
**an integrated thermostat for AC/heat, with actually temperatures.
**A window that opened on the top bunk (small but would provide air)
**A sunroof over the shower
**The bulky "fancy" light over the table is now a generic one
**There were lifts on the bed, I just installed mine.
**curtains for the bunks, which would be great when we go to bed and the kids are asleep (next mod on my list).
**the fabrics were nicer IMO

If you asked me, I would say the 2015 is very nice and it would be worth it.
the weight was comparable to the swift (4800 empty).

I came home and told my wife and regret about purchasing too soon kicked in (although I am extremely happy with my 2014. I figured that is just the Apple syndrome, always having to make upgrades--maybe I will lease my next trailer.

Don't regret buy our Swift at all.
Sure the Jay Flight has a bit more--then then again the Swift cost a bit less
And if I bought the Jay Flight then I would be thinking about the Eagle...

The Swift is great and fits our needs

Tom
2015 Eagle 324BHTS
2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 DirtyMax
Redhorse 823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #7

We have a '13 267bhs Swift and my only big complaint is tank size. I want a bigger fresh and gray tank.
jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:20 PM   #8

Well the fresh tank is a considerable difference, yes. Grey tank isn't a huge concern to me because the difference is minimal (about 6gal). With either size, if we use the shower and sinks each day, that tank is going to be full in a few days one way or another.

The smaller fresh tank is nicer when it comes to sanitizing because you use much less water. 48 gal is enough for us for a long weekend no problem (including showers) and if I run out I dump 5gal at a time into the fresh tank using a portable potable water jug as needed. That being said, I have thought about adding a second fresh tank to my trailer, but probably won't.

The Swift line is a fantastic trailer, hands down. IF you can afford the Flight line, and your tow vehicle can lug the extra weight, it wouldn't be a bad choice by any means. Structurally they are identical, just smaller little fancy things being the bulk of the difference.
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:28 PM   #9

I pulled the trigger today on a 14 Swift 267bhs 10 minutes after I got the news that our camper was totaled by the insurance company. There aren't many around and I think I did we'll at 15,997 given it is not the time to get the best deals. I should pick it up on Monday.
Brett K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:06 PM   #10

DW wants to switch brands and go for the Hartland "Wilderness" WD-2750-RL. We back up to many River & Ocean sites and with the large rear window and large side windows we'll always have a great view. Wouldn't you know, just when I get this one to " just the way I want it" she's thinking about another one.
This is our view on the Rogue River in Grants Pass
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #11
wgp

Recently traded a 2014 264bh for a 2015 26bhs. Other than the obvious upgrade you get with a slide, the 2015 had all of those small but very nice touches noted in a previous post that sealed the deal with us. My truck will handle the extra weight so be did the deal.
wgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
DW wants to switch brands and go for the Hartland "Wilderness" WD-2750-RL. We back up to many River & Ocean sites and with the large rear window and large side windows we'll always have a great view. Wouldn't you know, just when I get this one to " just the way I want it" she's thinking about another one.
This is our view on the Rogue River in Grants Pass
Oh! Come on, Tunce! Tell us that's not really your view! Tell us its a painting or a picture from a trailer brochure!

That is just beautiful! From your earlier posts, I can see you guys have had the opportunity to see a great many beautiful sights like that. I am sooooo jealous! But I start my "great adventure" on August 1st, and hope to see a great many of them myself. Please keep those pics a commin'. Hope to see you on the road!
Old 06-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett K View Post
I pulled the trigger today on a 14 Swift 267bhs 10 minutes after I got the news that our camper was totaled by the insurance company. There aren't many around and I think I did we'll at 15,997 given it is not the time to get the best deals. I should pick it up on Monday.
Congrats
You are going to love it

Tom
2015 Eagle 324BHTS
2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 DirtyMax
Redhorse 823 is offline   Reply With Quote