Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #1

1400 mile shake-down cruise

Hi All,

I thought it was about time I reported on our shake down cruise. Instead of checking in at a nearby KOA, we decided to take the tt to Tulsa, OK for a visit with our son and grandsons. The P-trap isssue was taken care of and nothing else seemed to be leaking, so we decided to go for it.

We hitched up in the snow which was a new experience, but typical of spring snow storms around here it was hit and miss and it wasn't far before the roads were dry, but it was VERY windy. We fought the wind all the way to Dodge City KS, but it towed very well and was much easier to control than previous rigs. We went on to Tulsa the next day with less wind to battle. Spent 4 days parked in our son's yard, then headed home. The wind was even worse on the way back.

The fan in the bathroom lost a motor during the trip, but everything else worked great. Ventline sent us a new motor, no questions asked, which Doug has already installed since the dealer is 150 miles away. Great service!

All in all it was a great trip and we are eager to get out again. As for the cat, she stayed at home and getting her used to the tt is a work in progress.

Thank goodness spring is finally here and happy camping!

Doug and Cheri
f00d30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:26 AM   #2

Congrats on your successful shake down cruise!
I know what you mean about spring being here finally. We have 8 more days until we have our first outting this year. I started a countdown clock on January 1st, just so I knew how much time I had before our first trip this year.
Check out this website:
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...0&sec=0&p0=159

I wish many more successful trips and happy memories in your Jayco!

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #3

Yea! Glad your first major trip went well! Last October when we came through Kansas, we had some significant winds also. We actually stayed an extra day a couple of times along our route to avoid the winds. The worst came when going through New Mexico. We were lucky though that our schedule allowed for the schedule changes
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote