Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-01-2015, 05:36 AM   #1
GMC

154 BH refrigerator roof vent

Can anyone tell me what is vented out of the refrigerator roof vent on a 154BH? I thought that air was drawn out the top, however there are two vents one the wall of the camper directly behind the fridge for allowing air flow over the cooling fins. The top vent even has a baffle that directs upward moving air out the top. There doesn't seem to be anywhere for air to get to the roof. The fridge didn't cool very well last weekend and I'm trying to figure out why. Maybe wiring a fan in the wall behind the fridge will help, but I'd like to know why that vent is up there.

Thanks
GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:48 AM   #2

the roof vent is for the wall mounted A/C. as you stated, the refrigerator vents are the louvered vent outside of the refridge. the refrigerator does put super hot air through those vents. sometimes my counter top above the fridge is also extremely warm...nothing too worry about. we only have use shore power though and never batt or gas to operate it. it's also a good idea to occasionally remove the plastic top on the roof to check for and clean out any thing that may have collected in there.
Two Kayaks. Dagger for me, Old Town for Wife
Gary Fisher Mnt Bk for me, Trek for Wife
Retired U.S. Army in 1991
Life is Good!
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:12 AM   #3
GMC

Ok. Thanks. I guess with the ac inside the wall like it would need some extra ventilation. Have you tried adding a fan behind your fridge to see if that helps with cooling? I haven't noticed any significant heat on my countertop.
GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC View Post
Ok. Thanks. I guess with the ac inside the wall like it would need some extra ventilation. Have you tried adding a fan behind your fridge to see if that helps with cooling? I haven't noticed any significant heat on my countertop.
no on the fan. those days that the counter top was warm were on 90+ degree days. we usually are not camping during those kind of temps. suspect the fridge was really working hard.
Two Kayaks. Dagger for me, Old Town for Wife
Gary Fisher Mnt Bk for me, Trek for Wife
Retired U.S. Army in 1991
Life is Good!
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote