Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #11

What color is your camper?
What color is your buddies?
Reason I ask is if yours is darker then that would explain the difference.
High humidity also plays a big role. You may try cooling the camper down colder at nights to get longer before it gets hot.
We keep ours set at 70 and it gets very nice at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:38 PM   #12

One more thing to check. Every day or two clean the filters. After a week of use mine are packed with dust.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #13

Our 2015 174BH with an 8,000 BTU I actually had to turn down on a 92 degree day a couple weeks ago.... The 5,000 BTU in our last trailer wouldn't even bring the temp down below 85 on a 90 degree day...
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:45 PM   #14

Night time cool!

Take full advantage of the evening cool down. I was going to shoot my bride this morning. She woke up and felt it was a little on the chilly side so she turned off the A/C even though we were expecting 32 degree temperatures today.

I argued with her and lost... Until an hour later when the indoor temp had already risen by 4 degrees and was looking to climb higher. Turning on the A/C at that point meant it was fighting a losing battle.

Not sure when sticking her tongue out at me became the appropriate response for my "I told you so!"

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:15 PM   #15
Site Team

32, is that a typo?

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #16

I reckon it's Celsius.
Canadian.
Vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 03:59 PM   #17

Canuck Speak

Yup ... 32 Celsius.. Otherwise known as Dang Hot.... I think it converts to around 94 Fahrenheit???

Either way.. It was swimmin' weather!
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:57 PM   #18

Unhappy

We just upgraded from a 2013 Keystone Premier 31BHPR with 15k a/c to 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS with 15k "whisper quiet" a/c. Our last a/c would cool down the trailer fast and if you wanted it "chilly" you would get whatever you set the thermostat at. This whisper quite a/c doesn't cool down very fast and the difference in "low" fan speed and "high" fan speed is barely noticeable. The master bedroom, which is at the rear of the trailer, gets barely a puff of air coming out of the vents compared to the front vents. The farther you are away from the a/c returns the slower the air coming from the vents. Our last a/c had air blasting from all the vents no matter the distance, and out last trailer was actually 1' longer than this new one. I've checked for air leaks, smashed ducting, ect and can't find anything unusual. I'm hoping this isn't normal for this unit.
Jamsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsom View Post
We just upgraded from a 2013 Keystone Premier 31BHPR with 15k a/c to 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS with 15k "whisper quiet" a/c. Our last a/c would cool down the trailer fast and if you wanted it "chilly" you would get whatever you set the thermostat at. This whisper quite a/c doesn't cool down very fast and the difference in "low" fan speed and "high" fan speed is barely noticeable. The master bedroom, which is at the rear of the trailer, gets barely a puff of air coming out of the vents compared to the front vents. The farther you are away from the a/c returns the slower the air coming from the vents. Our last a/c had air blasting from all the vents no matter the distance, and out last trailer was actually 1' longer than this new one. I've checked for air leaks, smashed ducting, ect and can't find anything unusual. I'm hoping this isn't normal for this unit.
I hate to say it I don't see it getting better. I feel like the Whisper Quiet is the wrong AC to be using. I'm debating having a better unit installed. Sad because we didn't opt for 2nd unit based on our previous Coleman 15k unit which froze you out.

Only thing we have found that helps is using back bathroom door as our main door. Keeping bathroom door closed at all times. We also put reflective material in the door windows as they are not tinted.

Wonder if Jayco sees the issue with these? I plan on contacting them.
ParrishCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:32 PM   #20

A/C Struggling

Check the incoming air temp at the unit intake and then check the out put at the nearest vent to the A/C. I check mine at the over head grill. One side is input and the other is output. The output temp should register 16 to 22 degrees lower than the input temp. I purchase the Nubee NU8380 Infrared Thermometer from Amazon in 2014 for $16.98 and it has done the job for me. I check my house A/C input and output, TT and TV tires and hubs and many other uses. Takes the guess work out of things.

mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote