Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2016, 12:37 PM   #21

Update...

Dealer let me know last week we are on schedule for a Feb delivery but do not have a specific date yet, though to be honest I have not asked. I know some have gotten a VIN and "off the line date" so I will ask shortly. I don't think it will make it by when we were hoping but that's my fault for dragging my feet on ordering, I wanted to make the best educated decision I could before ordering so that is what was most important.

So far all the little requests I had like Black Covers on the AC's, Skylight and Graphics delete and shipping the Bath and Bunk hardware separate have been confirmed as a GO from Jayco, at least per the dealer so here's to hoping it happens.

Still waiting to see what options, if any, I have on the Aluminum Wheels. I have seen the BHBE with both the Black (as shown on their website) and all Aluminum wheels, if I have a choice I think I am going to go all Aluminum.

I kicked around not getting Aluminum from Jayco and buying my own with Maxxis tires from the start but I would get the same rims anyways so might as wheel get a few trips out of the tires, trailer should have the Rainier tires.

We are patiently waiting and hoping all turns out as planned and the rig has no or minimal issues.
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:34 PM   #22

Congrats on the new trailer. We are pricing the same trailer and another jayco as well. If you don't mind me asking, how much off msrp did they quote you? If you'd rather not say no biggie.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:39 PM   #23

We were quoted 35% (RV show price) for the same trailer before adding a bunch of upgrades. It's probably close 30% now, but I will post the numbers after we sign the papers next week.
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:27 AM   #24

Ours had an msrp of $31,678, and we paid $24,486. So not much over 20% off by my shoddy calculations.

Maybe not the best deal, but we didnt care we just wanted it!

olyelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #25

Ended up at 28% with Freight, not including Taxes, $600 short of 30%. If you take Freight out then 29%. I knew the 30% rule going in and started with that and over time we came to an agreement, I guess I could have waited them out but we wanted the Camper by March of this year so could not wait any longer to order. If you read my posts in this thread you can see I did some extra changes like Skylight Delete and Graphics Delete. Jayco told me directly these changes would be additional charges but my dealer did not charge me extra, at this point. I worked the deal first then requested those changes along with some other requests. I have a signed buyers custom order form with all the modifications listed so should be good... we will see.

So far I have been happy and although I wish the campers were not so expensive in the first place I feel I got a fair price and the salesman and Jayco were very helpful providing me info to help me decide what to order.

I purchased our last camper (our 1st one) from the same dealer and salesman 3 1/2 yrs ago and got 30% off on that one... In large part because I had found this forum in doing pre purchase research. If I can help someone else in their research pre purchase I am happy to do so.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:59 PM   #26

Olyerl...

Was your MSRP including freight or without?
Old 02-09-2016, 09:31 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFL19H View Post
Olyerl...

Was your MSRP including freight or without?
If that is the same as Destination Charge, then yes.

Unit total showed $30,915. That is with the added options - Customer Value Package, Elite Package, Thermal Package, Hide-A-Bed, 32" TV, Rear Receiver/Cargo Accessory, and the Grill.

Then a Destination Charge of $763.00 for a grand total MSRP of $31,678

Old 02-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #28

I think you will be very happy with your choice we love ours!
So this is was our pick,the 28 BHBE. We liked the color scheme inside and out VS the black trim or the fiberglass smooth wall models. I haven't seen a model yet that hasn't had an issue with the gel coat fading or separating and I feel that there is more strength in the "corrugated" style walls over a continous flat wall ( ex. chinese fan vs a flat piece of paper..... the folded sections of the chinese fan offers more strength over a straight bendable piece of material). As for the Elite package I felt that once that insulation get wet under there it will take forever until its dry thus possibly promoting mold. Since we mostly camp in the northeast I never thought about a second a/c unit but the skylight would have been a nice "option". A ladder on the back would be ideal but I have a 10' step ladder to help clean the roof area.
Attached Thumbnails
11755659_10206510714582574_5699598317441347336_n.jpg  
Fill The Coolers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fill The Coolers View Post
I think you will be very happy with your choice we love ours ( I'm jonesing right now to go camping ) ! ! ! !
So this is was our pick,the 28 BHBE. We liked the color scheme inside and out VS the black trim or the fiberglass smooth wall models. I haven't seen a model yet that hasn't had an issue with the gel coat fading or separating and I feel that there is more strength in the "corrugated" style walls over a continous flat wall ( ex. chinese fan vs a flat piece of paper..... the folded sections of the chinese fan offers more strength over a straight bendable piece of material). As for the Elite package I felt that once that insulation get wet under there it will take forever until its dry thus possibly promoting mold. Since we mostly camp in the northeast I never thought about a second a/c unit but the skylight would have been a nice "option". A ladder on the back would be ideal but I have a 10' step ladder to help clean the roof area.
Nice TT!

Ours has the factory installed ladder on the back to get to the roof. In all honesty, I am a little sketched out to even use it as it is flimsy as heck. I am 170 pounds and when I use it (very gingerly might I add) if flexes and feels like I am putting too much strain on it. Quite a let down. I think I will be adding some support legs from the bottom pipe onto the bumper.

We like the added light of the skylight. I just hope it doesn't give me fits with leaking anytime in the near future. After all, a skylight is a hole in a roof that WILL leak some day.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:50 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyelr View Post
Nice TT!

Ours has the factory installed ladder on the back to get to the roof. In all honesty, I am a little sketched out to even use it as it is flimsy as heck. I am 170 pounds and when I use it (very gingerly might I add) if flexes and feels like I am putting too much strain on it. Quite a let down. I think I will be adding some support legs from the bottom pipe onto the bumper.

We like the added light of the skylight. I just hope it doesn't give me fits with leaking anytime in the near future. After all, a skylight is a hole in a roof that WILL leak some day.
I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm around 265, and I use mine. It wasn't very confidence-inspiring the first couple times, but it has earned my trust. Now granted, I'm not swinging around on it like a monkey; I get up (carefully), do my business and get down (even more carefully).

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:18 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm around 265, and I use mine. It wasn't very confidence-inspiring the first couple times, but it has earned my trust. Now granted, I'm not swinging around on it like a monkey; I get up (carefully), do my business and get down (even more carefully).
Yeah, I traverse it as carefully as possible to help prevent damage. What I dont like is seeing the standouts from the back of the trailer to the ladder flexing/moving back and forth ever so slightly. It makes me think that it will loosen up the mounts to the trailer, and possibly damage the seal at start leaking. That's why I thought a few supports from the base of the ladder onto the bumper right below it would prevent any of this from occurring.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #32

Our Camper was scheduled to come off the line today... 2/16/16. I am hoping it did and was built without issues.

Hopefully I will hear something this week on expected delivery.

We did our 3rd Annual camping trip this past weekend at Moss Park in East Orange County Florida. Had a total of 32 in attendance with 17 being kids ranging from 3 to 10 yrs old. This started out as my sons Birthday Camping Trip 3 yrs ago and it is now an annual event for us and 6 other families.

Since we did not have our Camper and my DW recently had surgery so sleeping in a Tent would not work I found a small local camper rental company in Kissimmee, FL who had a 2014 Jayco Swift 287 BHBE (now the SLX 287 BHSW) for rent. it is the same floorpan as the 28 BHBE so we got to test run the floor plan and so far the DW is happy with how it worked for us. Still have to get used to climbing the flight of stairs to get up into it, a lot different then our X19H we had.

The rental company, a husband and wife team building a business for their retirement, were very professional and easy to work with. They delivered and picked up with no issues, they do a lot of rentals at Fort Wilderness for out of towners so having "locals" rent was not normal for them.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:31 AM   #33

Got the call yesterday that my Camper was at the dealer, showing up yesterday morning. Went by and took a quick walkthrough after work and all appears as ordered from what I could see..

No Graphics (I left the Jayco decals on... for now), Deleted Skylight, All Black AC and Fridge Shrouds, shipped the Towels Racks / Cargo Nets Loose and asked to have the rear AC Vent inside the Top Bunk Curtain.

I had asked if they would install an Amber Porch Light and side the whole trailer in the Gray siding but that was a No Go, most likely will add the Porch Light myself.

If they would have done all Gray it would of matched my truck but it still looks clean without the swooshes, was worth asking.

Will post more Pics later...
Attached Thumbnails
'16 BHBE Side.jpg   F250.jpg  
Old 02-21-2016, 10:29 AM   #34

Interior wise it appears they did a mid year fabric change for the bedroom, will be recovering the Valances, and they moved the Thermostat from the side wall on the entertainment center to the wall with the coat hangers, not a smart move as when you hang coats there it now covers up the Thermostat so it will not control the temperature correctly.

I will be upgrading to the Digital Version but still... not a smart place to put. I am not sure if the designers ever think this stuff all the way through when they decide where to put items like that.

Trailer definitely came through some weather on the way down.

More pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco 1.jpg   Jayco 2.jpg   Jayco 3.jpg   Jayco 4.jpg   Jayco 6.jpg  

Old 02-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #35

2nd AC from the Inside and Skylight Delete in the Galley...
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco 5.jpg   :jayco 7.jpg  
Old 02-25-2016, 09:49 PM   #36

Hey MIFL, congrats on finally getting your TT. I'm happy to see that it came they way you ordered. Mine's on order and I deleted the skylight, tv antenna and ladder. Jayco has so far agreed to the deletions, we'll see when it eventually shows up in a couple of months.
2006 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi QC (2006-2015)
2007 Jayflight 29BHS (2007-2016)
Roaddane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:07 PM   #37

Did you delete the TV Antenna so you could install one of the Omnidirectional Antennas?

I was thinking about installing one of those, but did not think ahead enough to delete the standard one.

They were accommodating to all requests except for installing an Amber Porch light which they deleted a couple years ago but still install on the SLX models and my request to replace the white siding with the same light gray on the rest of the trailer though I am not sure that request got flowed all the way to Jayco.

I should take delivery 3/19 but all looked good on my 10 min walkthrough at the dealers storage lot, it was almost dark but I saw what I needed to.

Good Luck with yours… we are looking forward to getting back to traveling and camping, our last trip was March 2015.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFL19H View Post
Interior wise it appears they did a mid year fabric change for the bedroom, will be recovering the Valances, and they moved the Thermostat from the side wall on the entertainment center to the wall with the coat hangers, not a smart move as when you hang coats there it now covers up the Thermostat so it will not control the temperature correctly.

I will be upgrading to the Digital Version but still... not a smart place to put. I am not sure if the designers ever think this stuff all the way through when they decide where to put items like that.

Trailer definitely came through some weather on the way down.

More pics...
Mine is scheduled to be built next month (27BHS). I really like the black shrouds on top, do they usually all come in white? I would rather have black as well. I am on the fence about the aluminum wheels or the steel any other benefits other than looks for the aluminum? Did you call Jayco directly to make these changes or did your dealer handle them?
borninblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:17 PM   #39

Do they discount the deletes?

The black A/C shroud looks nice!

Shouldn't there be an LP cover on those tanks?
Old 02-26-2016, 09:22 PM   #40

Also, what did they charge you for the rim upgrade?
borninblue is offline   Reply With Quote