Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2016, 08:53 AM   #61

Is your TV a 3/4? That's a lot of trailer for 1/2 ton.
borninblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by borninblue View Post
Is your TV a 3/4? That's a lot of trailer for 1/2 ton.
It is... F250 3/4 Ton 6.2 Gasser. Had plenty of engine, as I have read you gotta get the revs up on that engine but it did well.

After looking at the hitch today some more I know for sure it did not have enough weight distributed. We loaded all our stuff into the camper today and I will load the truck up this week as close to full weight (as we would be when going on trips) as possible and adjust correctly.

I had a 10k with our X19H and Expedition EL for 3 yrs so I do have experience with this style hitch but need to learn it with our new TV and TT.
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:45 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestoy7 View Post
Congrats again, what an exciting day for you guys!!! How old is your son and how was his reaction, how did he do on the PDI?
Or son is 10... we learned a long time ago to leave him at home, in his case his Grandparents, whenever going to do anything like this. He went on the initial visits but not for a PDI where it takes a while and concentration is needed.

Quote:
How come it took 4 months? Anything wrong with the order or just a long time? When did they reach out to you to give you an ETA? How was that process?
The Trailer was delivered to the dealer on 2/19, 3 months after ordering, luckily everything was correct on the order especially since I deleted and added some items. I would check in with my salesmen every couple weeks starting about mid January. The day it showed up he texted me photos of it and that evening I went to take a quick look, even though it was almost dark, to confirm they did the special order items I did. We chose to wait until 3/19 to pick it up as the timing was right for us as I was taking this coming week off for Spring Break so had time to get it home and all setup, we will take our first weekend trip this coming weekend then one every month on out.

Quote:
Funny you mention the traffic on that avenue, we drove by there last month and I was thinking the same thing. Steep grade coming out of it and a small street for how busy traffic is. Also there was a lot of traffic in Orlando yesterday we were coming back from Disney around the time you were there.
There is a Prep and Delivery lot to the East of the Main Lot, that is where the camper was for the PDI/Demo. We pulled out of there and crossed over Fairbanks and took some side streets to get back to where we could head the direction we wanted to go which was ultimately on 17-92 down the the 408 East. Heading to Jacksonville you get the fun of driving on I-4 North. It was not to bad, other than towing a 33 Ft Trailer for the first time thru some narrow streets, just took my time and tried to stay away from the curbs when turning, I can tell you the streets to take for an easy trip back to I-4 if you would like.

Quote:
I want to do the same thing you did, show up with my paperwork. The sales rep told me I'll need to plan on going down for the PDI. Then a few days later when my loan disburses, I can go back down to pick it up. I was thinking I'll grab the forms after the PDI and not bring the kids so we can focus on the PDI.
Not sure why you couldn't do it all the same day... just don't sign anything until you are happy with the unit. I brought my own Draft from our Credit Union plus a Certified Check for the Balance.

Quote:
How helpful were they there with you setting up the WDH?
Other than helping mount the brackets... Not to helpful. I was already experienced with this hitch but their prep lot is not level and not conducive to setting it up correctly, they did not even mention to me "hey... you know your setup is not right", never once said you should do the measurement tests to make sure your good, that was OK with me but for someone who did not know the difference that would not be good. I actually pulled out of their lot and crossed over Fairbanks and stopped on a wide side street to add Air to the Bags and this is when I knew the WDH was not quite right but would do to get us home running light.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:51 PM   #64

Some quick pics including her home I had to squeeze in to... actually was not to bad, just almost 3 ft higher and 13 Ft longer than my X19H was but width wise the same, though I was worried I could fit it in there and almost did not get this model because of that, in the end I was able to do it on the first shot. Trailer makes my truck look like a toy...

I also noticed not only did I get all Black Shrouds on the Top they installed Tinted Skylight and Bathroom vent covers, all others I had seen before were clear/white. I like how they look... I also got a couple comments from people at the dealer about not having the "Swoosh" Graphics on it... they definitely liked it and commented on how clean it looked.
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco 1.jpg   Jayco 2.jpg   Jayco 3.jpg   Jayco 4.jpg   Jayco 5.jpg  

Old 03-20-2016, 08:52 PM   #65

More pics... tucked away. I have 30 Amp Power, Water and Sewer Hook up right where it sits so I am able to run all systems if need be and will keep a De-Humidifier going at all times as I did in my X19H.
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco 6.jpg   Jayco 7.jpg   Jayco 8.jpg  
Old 03-21-2016, 06:32 AM   #66

Congrats on getting her home. Nice looking setup...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:36 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Congrats on getting her home. Nice looking setup...
Thanks !!
Old 03-21-2016, 07:38 PM   #68

jestoy7... These are for you...

Can't park our new one in the driveway anymore !!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3429.jpg   IMG_4750.jpg   IMG_1450.jpg  
Old 03-21-2016, 07:51 PM   #69

Going through some old pics I found some of our X19H parked... new one is JUST a little bit larger

Old Pics in the Summer... new Pics in the Winter so looks dingier. I also miss my LR3, if I would have had a 3 Car garage I would have kept it.

Somehow my rig got MUCH larger !!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1405.jpg   IMG_1406.jpg   Jayco 8.jpg   IMG_4750.jpg   Jayco 1.jpg  

Old 03-21-2016, 08:21 PM   #70

Haha! I love it!!! I'll keep our conversation to the PM's so I can come back and reference all your awesome advise in one spot.

But thanks for sharing your pictures and specially the throwback ones. Any plans for modifications to the inside of it?
Old 03-22-2016, 05:56 PM   #71

I really like the way it looks without the swoosh graphics!
B-EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:15 PM   #72

We got the 2016 28 BHBE and the single AC keeps it cool. No issues, in fact we got cold.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:12 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
We got the 2016 28 BHBE and the single AC keeps it cool. No issues, in fact we got cold.

Yeah, but what was the temp outside? Were you in the shade or sun?

We have a single unit on ours as well. We havnt even used it yet to know how it works lol.

olyelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:50 PM   #74

Quote:
We are preparing for the Florida summers and heading out West with it (Texas, New Mexico, Arizona). May not always need it but would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I noticed you are towing your 28BHBE with a 2012 Expedition EL...

How does it do towing the BHBE?

I had the same Expedition prior to upgrading to my F250 (Expedition got totaled from behind, bent the frame etc).
Old 03-24-2016, 11:58 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFL19H View Post
We are preparing for the Florida summers and heading out West with it (Texas, New Mexico, Arizona). May not always need it but would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I noticed you are towing your 28BHBE with a 2012 Expedition EL...

How does it do towing the BHBE?

I had the same Expedition prior to upgrading to my F250 (Expedition got totaled from behind, bent the frame etc).
We were towing a 2012 26BH before this one. It seems to tow fine. Don't get sway. I do feel the Tractor Trailers suck the trailer over a little when they pass, and I account for that. We don't travel with a heavy load in the trailer and when traveling long distances put just enough water in the tanks (we have the elite package) to flush the toilet and wash hands and do dishes. (about 15 gallons.).
There are 5 in our family and sometimes Grandma goes along so that is why we have the Expedition instead of a Truck. Too bad Ford didn't keep the Excursion around.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:18 AM   #76

'16 28BHBE - Custom Order - 2nd AC

Quote:
IceOnFire...

I got confirmation direct from Jayco I could delete the Skylight (Big Thanks to a tip from BigJohnD). I know others on the JOF have ordered with Graphics Delete which is basically what I am doing but keeping the Jayco emblems.

I recently requested a quote on this trailer and asked to have the skylights and rear door deleted as I see you deleted the skylights and another member deleted his rear door. After a few days the dealer said they checked and jayco said no. Did you have to contact jayco yourself? I did not get this response from RV direct (it was another dealer mentioned on here) but may check with them now... Hoping this isn't a new policy to deny some custom changes. Thanks.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:31 AM   #77

I would contact Jayco. My dealer said no, but I think he just didn't want the hassle. I ended up just leaving the skylight after walking through both I really like the extra natural light. I will take the risk of leaks down the road. Hopefully checking seals down the road will prevent it.
borninblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:53 AM   #78

Quote:
4 months after ordering our 28BHBE we brought her home today.

Took almost 4 hrs for our PDI/Demo, all went well and I found no damage and everything seemed to work as it should and all our special requests / deletes were correct. It was raining the whole time so did not spend much time on the ground but being an enclosed underbelly I could not see much anyways. I will crawl under it when I take it to the lot I use to adjust the hitch.

Positive with the rain is I searched for leaks and all was well and the awning dropped the water as it should. Was able to run all systems including city water and running on 50 Amp power and running both AC's simultaneously. We checked everything per the PDI list, had the DW go through the inside as a double check for my sweep. I could tell from the demo guy that people looking over the campers in detail are few and far between.

The dealer wanted to (and did) mail me the paperwork to sign ahead of time, in the end I politely requested to do my full PDI prior to signing anything or providing payment, I was told this is not their normal process but would "allow" me to do this. I find this scary for the uninformed RV purchaser, and there were people there picking up campers that had done it the dealers way.

Couple items missing were the Sink Covers from the Elite Pkg and the Bathroom Drain Plug but all in all we were pleased, I used the PDI checklist from the forum.

As for towing it... That is something I have to get used to, I had not towed in a year but this is a lot more rig than our X19H we had before. I never wanted to go this big but as fate would have it the opportunity presented itself that I needed to get a new TV and chose our F250 which allowed us the opportunity to get this floor plan which was our favorite "best of everything" floor plan but our TV in the past limited us. Smaller "lightweight" rigs that forced us to compromise on features we wanted where more $ or basically the same $ so it was a no brainier in the cost category as far as we got for the $, but size wise it was a big pill to swallow literally, but we went for it.

I was unable to setup the WDH correctly at the dealer lot but had guessed on a setting and it was not quite enough, luckily I had my Air Bags to bring the setup almost level but there was not enough pressure on the bars and distributing weight to the front of the truck. We are going to load all our stuff back into the camper this week then I will properly setup the WDH. This camper pushes a lot of air with it's increased height and sometimes moved my truck around pretty good, I believe (hope) this will correct itself once I get the WDH setup better. I have a cap on my truck so the air flow is smooth all the way back, once you get this camper out in the open and hooked up it makes my truck look small.

Pics to follow soon... been a long day and I'm .
Hi,
Could you attach a link for the PDI check list?
Thank you.
trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:39 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashman View Post
Hi,
Could you attach a link for the PDI check list?
Thank you.
I used this one...

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...ist-18379.html
Old 04-02-2016, 05:50 PM   #80

Quote:
We were towing a 2012 26BH before this one. It seems to tow fine. Don't get sway. I do feel the Tractor Trailers suck the trailer over a little when they pass, and I account for that. We don't travel with a heavy load in the trailer and when traveling long distances put just enough water in the tanks (we have the elite package) to flush the toilet and wash hands and do dishes. (about 15 gallons.).
There are 5 in our family and sometimes Grandma goes along so that is why we have the Expedition instead of a Truck. Too bad Ford didn't keep the Excursion around.
Thanks for the info...

I towed ours last weekend for around 100 miles, had a lot of wind on the road, so it moved around a lot, not sway, more the truck then the trailer but I believe because it is so high and long along with my F250 being so high (4WD) that it would "move", maybe wander is a better term. The Ford steering is not the tightest on the 3/4 ton trucks, the front was planted with the WDH, I tried around 6 different setups to get to where I am at now.

After driving my truck this week without the camper on the the same stretch of highway the truck "moved" around on its own, guess I really never noticed it until I had 8,000 lbs hooked on to it.

I miss our Expedition EL, luckily we don't NEED the 3rd row so I kept it down all the time but used the cargo space all the time. I built by own Excursion, sans the 3rd Row, by getting the F250 and adding a Bed Rug and ARE Z Cap to it. An open truck bed does me no good, it had to be enclosed.

We have another trip this coming weekend so will do another 150 miles or so with it.