Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #1

165 sport WHERE IS THIS WATER COMING FROM ??!!!!

I've had a thread going for a while on my 2005 165 floor repair. I'm about to put the vinyl down so I can re-install the interior. I replaced almost the entire floor. every moulding, putty strip, caulking has been redone, top bottom sides, and underneath. plan to leave the vinyl back from the edges about 2 inches so I could monitor potential leaks. I've had no leaks for a month or more. and 3 rainstorms. there is a tarp on the roof, and it comes down about a foot all the way around. the new floor goes under the sides as it should, and the belly wrap covers the edges as I took pains to have the floor be as original. I had no leaks...I now have leaks . all in the corners of the street side just as it had originally. the walls are laminated, and dry. the water would flow on the surface of the wall if it was leaking at the windows, as it can't really run inside the laminated wall without showing somewhere.. I cut small access panels in the front right corner and the frame is dry but the floor is wet ( see the dark stains ). the only thing I could think of is the moulding screws under the NEW AND FLEXIBLE screw covers are getting wet and transferring the water inside....but guess what...THE SCREWS ARE DRY...I'm forced to just re-assemble the interior, and leave the vinyl back some inches from the edge,for observation.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00234.JPG   DSC00233.JPG   DSC00232.JPG   DSC00230.JPG   DSC00231.JPG  

rewcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:46 AM   #2

the hatch is completely dry all the way around, and under the wall plywood, under the hatch is dry. these leaks are front and rear corners..same side
rewcamper is offline   Reply With Quote