Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2017, 05:17 PM   #1

174bh Help- Ideas for a narrow end table or cup holder between dinette and queen bed?

I have a jayco flight 174bh. My dilemma is that I like to watch tv at night and even in the morning and have a cup of coffee but there is no where to set it ( Kids are at the sm dinette) The area between the back of the dinette and queen bed is narrow. I do not know the exact dimensions as it is in storage but maybe a foot or so. I have been racking my brain on how I can get a fold down or stand up end table that will still allow me to store things underneath it. Even a flip down cup holder w/sm table that I can get to easily would be ideal. It needs to extend from the wall enough 12" or more so that i can reach it easily. I am not sure if there is a stud between the back of dinette and queen bed or not. I thought about one those stick on fold down coffee cup holders but if behind on wall cannot reach it (shoulder problems as well) and since there is a 3" topper now on the bed, it raised the bed so need something higher to clear it. If I could just buy sonething that would be great but perhaps can get a carpenter to help as well.

I thought I would ask you all for advice as I have seen alot great ideas and mods for these little trailers.

Any and all ideas are welcome.

Happy Camping!
Old 03-28-2021, 09:30 PM   #2

I had the same question. I’d like a spot to place a drink or my cell phone when I’m laying in bed. I was thinking of attaching a shelf that hooks over back of dinette seat. But, not sure that would work?
Following this, hopefully someone has some good ideas.
smith1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:38 PM   #3

What about one of those folding marine cup holders?
FishNFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:08 PM   #4

Side table

Check into "back to college/dorm room" supplies on Amazon or whereever. There is a sidetable that attaches to the bed several different ways along with many other small space helpers.
nc old fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:54 PM   #5

This is what I use for my coffee ( morning) beer (night)& found it on Amazon. Stays put with wing nuts .
Attached Thumbnails
F7ED74B4-E9EF-4EFB-B0B9-98F543E189AA.jpg  
Old 03-31-2021, 02:20 PM   #6

Pic of its size & that’s a 22oz. bottle
Attached Thumbnails
C47D44A2-9CEB-47FC-BBD2-18F55A156160.jpg   C6B02481-0D07-42FD-9BD5-338CDB20F3EF.jpg   0AA29F9E-F5F2-43D4-8DB1-EC6B546180C1.jpg  

Tags
174bh, cup holders, flip down table, narrow drink holder, narrow end table