Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #1

1995 jayco eagle sl 240

Hello, I just joined this forum and I just purchased a 1995 jayco eagle sl 240. I am working on checking it all out to see what needs fixing. One thing that needs fixing is the right side( looking from inside the camper out) there is water damage.
1. What is the proper way to address this. Should I take the paneling off the inside wall first to see how much damage there is?
2. Most of the windows have the gasket material that is shrunk up about a half inch. Should I worry about that, or doesn't that matter?
3. Where can I find information about the water heater, stove, furnace and other items?
4. The TV antenna is a winegard crank up. Is this antenna usefull anymore, or should I get something different? I just want to watch some TV, not HD.
5. I am looking for the plastic or fiberglass front end piece that covers the storage compartment. Is it still being sold, or do I need to go a different route?
6. Does anyone know the capacity of the potable water tank under the bed?
I'll be asking more questions as I progress.
Thanks Tom
campertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #2

Welcome Campertom... water damage, unfortunatly, is a trailers worst enemy, and correcting it properly can be a problem. Once you get moisture in there, things tend to rot fairly quickly. In my opinion, if you're taking this on you may have a bit more work ahead of you than you anticipated. I think you'll want to get right in there to see not only where the moisture got in, but how far in it got...and then replace anything that looks like it got damp.

For the windows..I think you might be talking about the trim around the aluminum frame that covers the screws holding the window's in ... if that's the case it's just cosmetic, so long as the screws have been caulked.

Info on the equipment inside (WH/Stove etc) is best found by googling the manufacturer of each piece of equipment - and of course forums like this one, depending on what you want to know. Most of these things are pretty standard when it comes to operating them.

The TV antenna should work fine as is - you'll want to turn on the 'booster' to improve reception. By 2011 (I think) all OTA TV signals will be digital, so you'll need to make sure your TV will accept that kind of signal. Other than that it'll pick up whatever is out there, although there are some better antenna's on the market.

Best of luck - post some pictures as you personalize your new trailer!

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #3

Mcmonk said it all. Very good advice !

It sounds as if you've got your worked cut out for ya.
Nothing is ever as bad as it first seems.

Welcome aboard !!!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #4

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Tom! Hope you get the issues taken care of so you can start enjoying your "new" Jayco
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote