Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #1

19RD Jay Flight???

this trailer has a disclaimer that states. "Idaho Build Only". does this mean that besides being built only in Idaho,
that they aren't sold outside of the northwest? I like the floor plan.
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #2

They are sold all over. I have the 198RD which is the Swift version of the 19RD (same floorplan) and we love it. I needed a full size trailer for the interior height but didn't want a monster trailer, so this was perfect. It will sleep 2 adults and 3 or 4 kids if you fold down the dinette and pull out the couch - all the benefits of a bunkhouse but multi-purpose use of space. It also has the same size holding tanks and awning length of the larger Swifts, and axles rated for far more than the trailer will ever weigh. It tows beautifully without sway control, and the hitch weight is reasonable so your payload isn't chewed up. The holding tanks are over the axles, which is also good for towing when filled. The large windows on every wall at the rear are fantastic for letting in lots of natural light and providing a great view when you're camped.

I don't know much about the Idaho plant though. If anyone has more info about it I would be interested.
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #3

LBL, I had the same question and I emailed Jayco about it. They replied saying that now they will be building them at the Indiana location and are starting to build them now. That is where we will be getting ours built from. This will end up saving us about $2500 in delivery charges since we live in Wisconsin.

We also wanted the 19rd for the thermal package, the 90 gal fresh water storage, the 8 cu ft fridge/freezer and the other upgrades it comes with.
Tracy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:10 PM   #4

Thanks Tracy W for the input and update. your info sounds good too me.
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote