Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #1

Wink 1st Camping Trip in new 22FB

My Goodness, my wife and I never thought camping could be SO comfortable! As past tent campers, we never took for granted running water, A/C, fridge, etc..... We are extremely happy with our new TT. The weather was HOT and MUGGY but no worries for us with the A/C pumping out bags of ice practically. Heck, we even ate popsickles while laying in bed!

I would like to extend a HUGE thanks to all the JOF members here for answering/advicing all of my last minute questions before our maiden voyage this past wkd. I hope that I can return the favor to other members in the future as we become more seasoned. We are looking forward to many years of happy camping and off the scale FUN!!!

wkc
wkc22fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #2

good to hear you had a good time. it sure is nice we have a 22fb also. we headed to Vermont and the weather was awesome. cool at nite and low to mid 70's for the day.
only problem we had was when we opened the bathroom door on arrival the WHOLE roll of toilet paper had unrolled and was on the floor i hope this is not a new fangled feature from Jayco. it is nice sleeping in it we did not even hear the owl at night

2011 GMC Serria Ext Cab LB
2012 Jayflight 22FB
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #3

To prevent the toilet paper from unraveling while traveling, squeeze the tube flat.

We love our 22FB. It's perfect for the two of us.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #4

Having a real big ole trailer isnt always the best for everyone... We would be very happy in the 21-24 foot long trailers... Easier to move around and still have all the things you want with you on the trips...

Glad you found something you both liked....

When we was looking around for something with hard walls upgrading from the POPUP we really liked the Jayco X213. It had just the right amount of room inside for the two of us. It also had a bunk room which I really went to work on drawing up plans to take out the bunks and install a wrap around office desk arangement for my Ham radio setup, computer and office desk... It looked like a perfect setup on paper to fit into my way of of life on the road...

Never bit the bullet however as we are still in our OFF-ROAD POPUP. This is the size trailer we would get if we did finally get something with hard sides...
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #5

It's funny reminiscing back over this past wkd. I noticed in the campground rules that radios are suppose to be off at 10pm. Well, no wonder people were giving us nasty looks the next morning! We had some guests out and enjoying our outdoor speakers at a low volume I might add, a nice Sade smooth jazz CD playing in the background as we enjoyed a roaring relaxing campfire and cold adult beverages till 11pm! I apologize for breaking the campground rules and it will not happen again! LOL
Old 06-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #6

Wkc...your Sade music would have been much more tolerable than the pounding, repetitive drum beat of some young Cretans across the way from us in the campground we stayed at! I figure that some lovely bagpipe music blaring across at them probably would have shut them up had I had any with me!

2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z-71, 6.0L, Crew Cab w/3.73's
2011 Jayco Jayflight Swift 26BH
38 Nights Camping in 2017
newrvguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #7
Site Team

Having also been tent campers for many years (and still do with the Scouts), the thing I like about having a TT is being able to enjoy the outdoors but also having a warm comfy place to come in from it when you want to. Especially since we camp year round and sometimes in fairly cold weather. Having your own bathroom is surrrrrrre nice too!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #8

That sucks newrvguy! When I gets dark out, we like to chill with some good smooth jazz, but like to rock it out when the time allows.

Crabman, you ain't kiddin! I think we broke in our black tank well this past wkd, thank goodness! We only filled her 1/3 full over day and a half. Does that mean we're full of ......???? LOL