Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #1

2008 Jay Flight G2 26bhs electrical woes!

We have our new to us Jayco for 3 months now used it about 7 days but its plugged in correctly most of the time! Family in town for the holidays and gas electric water worked fine then it went cold. Switched to gas and all was good. Next day it went cold again . Cant get electric or gas to heat. Water pump doesn't start when switched on either.(I commonly hit it instead of the lights for a quick second) Thinking the control panel is shot? it lights up but no action! Gas furnace works great! Stove no problem! breakers on, fuses good and spent most of Christmas day with a multi meter chasing wires! Couldn't find anything in the control panel but the light switches are lit. Any ideas? I powered everything down unplugged the battery too! Reset all the breakers one at a time repowering the trailer and still nothing! Taking it to a Jayco Dealer in Savannah GA Monday if its not something simple! This wont be warranty work so.... any advice?
Anyone ever had a problem like this? What was wrong? Ive read about a reset on the water heater but I cant find it. Its an Atwood!
Great site BTW. Ive been active on a few good ones and this one looks real active and knowledgeable!
Thanks
Ben
bender01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #2

It sounds like the 12V line supplying the control panel may have an intermittent connection. Did you take the control panel apart? If not, I would take it apart and check for 12V on the supply side and the switched side. I've never had mine apart, so I can't provide specifics. What type/brand of panel is it? The fact that the furnace is working tells me there shouldn't be a battery issue. Will your fridge light on gas?
jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #3

I did take the panel out but so many wires and hard to get a reading for me. Yes the fridge lights fine on gas.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #4

Is it just me or is the first post really difficult to follow?
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #5

Well the water pump has started working again.
Bob, The water heater doesn't work on gas or electric any ideas?
Old 12-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #6

I would start by checking for 115V at the water heater. You should have it there when the switch is turned on. If you don't have it you track back towards the breaker panel. If you do have it, then you probably have a burned out element. The gas portion of it gets a little more complicated so I would start with the 115V side of it.

You also need to determine if all of the 12V stuff either all works or doesn't work at the same time. You could have a converter issue, but if you did, and it cuts out, then nothing that works on 12V will operate. That would be the overhead lights, water pump, water heater running on propane would use 12V for the control and igniter. Furnace also uses 12V for the fan and control circuits, nothing on 115V. This should get you started.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote