Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #1

2010 28' Jayfeather RLS

Hello Everyone:
New to the forum as of today. Will start off with a quick question, trusting someone else out there in cyber space has had a similar experience.
Just purchased a like new 2010, 28 foot, Jayfeather holiday trailer and after going through the unit I noticed I have no 12V power to my trailer! I guess I should have had the previous owner show me that that part of the unit was in good working order, but such is life.
Anyway, the 1 year old battery has been tested and checks out okay and is carrying a full charge. The two (2) separate in line 30 amp fuses at the battery box were checked out okay as well. The series of 15 amp fuses in the inside fuse panel have all been checked okay, but I can't or don't know how to check the larger aluminium cased fuse in the same panel box?? I also noticed I wasn't getting any 'sparks' while removing and then replacing 15 amp fuses at the inside fuse panel, suggesting 12v power isn't even making it as far as this inside panel?
In any event, everything works just fine when plugged into the house, but absolutely nothing within the trailer works off the battery. If it helps, all my running lights and electric brakes work just fine when connected to my truck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Dougie B
From the Great White North
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Dougie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 PM   #2

It could possibly be the ground to the battery or possibly a battery disconnect switch.

Also, welcome to the JOF forum.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #3

Thanks Clutch. Any idea where I might find the battery disconnect switch? As for the ground, all my wiring from the battery box runs along the left side frame then disappears beneath the enclosed under belly. I suspect the wiring grounds somewhere underneath. This is turning into quite a challenge.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:12 AM   #4

do the 12 volt lights work when you are pluged into shore power if they still dont work then it could be the converter.
2004 Dodge 2500 CTD
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #5

Hi Old Blue:
Yes, they work just fine when plugged into 'shore'. Everything works when plugged into house electric. I noticed these two 30 amp fuses in the back of the converter and wonder if they could be the culprit?