Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
BJR

2012 Eagle Super Lite 284BHS

Hi everyone,
Local dealer has a 2012 284BHS on the lot that we are considering. I can't find a lot of information on the features of this era and there's not a lot here about them, either.

First question is, it's a 2012 model year according to the VIN but it has the 2011 floorplan. Build date was 8/11. Was this at all common to carry over the model year designation and later transition the floorplan? I'm concerned about this from a false VIN, recovery situation.

Secondly, I'm looking for other reasons why this would be pricier than other models. I am noting the cabinets are fancy but what else? Black tank flush, double pane windows, ducted a/c, etc. I did notice the larger tanks vs the new Jay Flight SLX models we're looking at today.

I obviously have not had a chance to see the camper, yet. Any weak links in this camper?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan
BJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:57 AM   #2

Visit Jayco's website. Under shopping tools they have a product archive. Select your year (2012) and ( Travel Trailer) then you will see the trailer categories, select the Super Lite, and you will get all the floor plans for that year as well as brochures, and owners manual. I have a 2011 Super Lite 298RLS made in late 2010. Usually anything after June is the next model year. We bought ours last year and love it. It was made well. Just not as heavy as its Eagle cousin.
ladamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:30 PM   #3
BJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladamski View Post
Visit Jayco's website. Under shopping tools they have a product archive. Select your year (2012) and ( Travel Trailer) then you will see the trailer categories, select the Super Lite, and you will get all the floor plans for that year as well as brochures, and owners manual. I have a 2011 Super Lite 298RLS made in late 2010. Usually anything after June is the next model year. We bought ours last year and love it. It was made well. Just not as heavy as its Eagle cousin.
Appreciate that. I checked the website and became even more confused. The 2011 brochure does not show a 284 model at all but the web page does show the floorplan. The 2012 brochure shows the 2012 floorplan (consistent with the web page.) I'm not sure I can trust the specs on the 2011 web page but the floorplan matches the pictures the dealer has.

I've all but ruled this camper out - the current SLX 267BHS is not as fancy but it's basically the same floorplan. I don't see a significant size difference between the two but the SLX is obviously brandy new and carries the warranty.

There are other features about the Eagle that are attractive, U-dinette, medicine cabinet, etc, but I'm not sure it's worth the expense for a used unit.

Thanks,
Bryan
BJR is offline   Reply With Quote