Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #21

Outlet is above, under the upper cabinet over to the right. It is perfect for the spot that fits a coffee pot.

My biggest concern was the lack of counter space too. Since I'm the one that has to use it. But it wasn't as bad I thought it would be.

This years model comes with two sink covers [the 298RES only had it for one side] so it gives you that added surface area to work on. We did the get the Camco wooden cutting board with non skid stuff on the bottom to put over the stove top. With these two items, I had over twice the surface area than it looked like. Our electric griddle fit perfectly over the cutting board. We have to use an extension cord at the house to cook on the island [I hate grease under the cabinet area at home] with the griddle. I don't think the cord would have reached without the extension to the outlet.

I made eggs with ham & cheese and toast and coffee in the kitchen area without feeling too crowded.

I did do a lot of the rest of the cooking outside on our Coleman Sidekick grill. I have a little 4 foot folding table that I stored my supplies on. I do have the big outdoor kitchen set from Coleman, but the weather was supposed to be bad. I didn't want to have to try to pack it up in a sudden storm.

The chairs did stay put on the carpet. So glad that we have one item to take off our get ready list. Thank you.

We tried out everything except the oven. Nothing obvious was broken, other than the frig not working on the electric mode. Turned out the cord was not plugged in. The first plug from frig was plugged in, but that connection to the next was not. Guess that means the dealer lied to us about checking out all the equipment. Jerks.

We had a great time. The trailer more than lived up to our expectations. We are looking forward to our next trip.

2012 Eagle SL 308 RETS
Lady Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #22

ETA: Those of you may remember we had the 298 with structural issues, so that is what we concentrated on for this PDI. We figured the micro, stove and frig would be easy fixes later on so we focused on the roof, floor, windows, door, AC/heater, hot water/pump and signs of water leakage in kitchen/bathroom sink/shower/toilet along with working the slides. They assured at the dealer that everything was tested to be sure it worked before they let us do the walk through. But obviously that wasn't the case about the frig since it was unplugged at the secondary plug in. It did work fine in the propane mode last weekend. It wasn't until this weekend that we tried to use the electric mode. Bad us for not checking soon, bad them for not checking at all.

2012 Eagle SL 308 RETS
Old 03-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #23

I did not even think to look under the cabinet, I will have to let my wife know, hope you have success with this one.

Phil
2009 Eagle Super Lite 298RLS
2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5
Fil564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #24

Finally brought our 308RETS home. Quick question for you other 308RETS owners: How far down does your fresh water tank overflow hoses hang down from the underbelly? Ours look pretty darn long and are only about 3-4 inches from the pavement. I'm thinking about shortening them. Missed this on the walk-through.

Put the electric jack on this weekend. Man, one time messing w/ the manual jack and my Equal-i-zer hitch was enough to convince me not to wait another week to do that task.
Current TV: 2010 Chevy 2500HD, CC, LB, Duramax/Allison

mikefos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #25

Congrats on getting it home! What color interior was yours? Which options did you pick?

They are pretty long. I didn't think about not supposing to be that long. I will measure them in the morning to see how far from the ground they are.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to have a manual jack or stabilizers. I like the easier way.

2012 Eagle SL 308 RETS