Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #1

2014 32BHDS Kitchen table width

Hello all,

I just became the proud owner of a 2014 Jay Flight 32BHDS. This is my first travel trailer and when I attempted to convert the kitchen table into a bed, I noticed the table top is too narrow to rest on the supports. The width of the table is 38", and the space between the chairs it rests in is 40". I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious here.

The countertops in the 2014 Jay Flight 32BHDS are now only made in the white/creme color and the brown is no longer available. We were able to pay additional to have the brown countertops installed, but I wonder if they made a mistake and installed a smaller table.

I contaced the dealer and their solution was to add pieces of wood on each side to make up the difference, and to provide a surface for the table to rest on. Maybe someone would be able to measure their table for me. Does this sound right??

Thanks!
Muksportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #2

I would contact Jayco directly from there website. I have a 2012 TSBH which is pretty similar to yours. One day I decided to try to convert the dinette to a bed. Not that I needed to since I have the queen up front, the sofa bed, 4 bunks in the back as well as the trundle bed option. Anyways, the table top fit as it should, but I fought arranging the cushions to make the mattress. I finally called Jayco and she explained how to do it. I have forgotten how she said to do it, but like I said, it was a matter of principle, not need. That said, if it should convert, it should convert. You shouldn't have to modify anything. Sounds like your dealer doesn't want to go through the hassle of getting it done right. Maybe it isn't suppose to convert, but if it is, have them make it right! Good luck.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #3

Our 2011 measures 38", but so does the supports. Maybe they switched with an earlier model.

DieselX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #4

We have a 2012 32bhds and have converted it a couple of times for TV watching and never had a problem with anything fitting properly.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
We have a 2012 32bhds and have converted it a couple of times for TV watching and never had a problem with anything fitting properly.
Mine requires the cushions used for the extensions. Otherwise about 2 inches of the table top show on the outside edge. Thats where I had my problem, until i contacted jayco. It looked ok, but those exposed 2 inches concerned me. I was worried about damage to the table top edge. They explained how to do it correctly, and no more exposed edge!
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #6

Thanks to all who responded. I sent an email to Jayco and they responded by sending my a copy of the factory blueprint with the table dimensions. My table was the wrong one for my trailer and Jayco suggested I contact my dealer. I took the table and email to my dealer and they ordered me a new table that matches the factory drawings. The new table should arrive in 6-8 weeks. I was able to keep the old one and can use it until the new one arrives. We use the trailer for hunting, so it's kind of nice to have a kitchen table
Muksportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #7

Just an FYI. You may need to take the hardware off the old table and put on the new tabletop. When we ordered a replacement table for the old TT it did not come in with the hardware. Just check it out before you leave the dealer
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote