Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #21

Kinda make you wonder what kind of crap paint they're using...

Mike & Theresa, Madison, WI
2012 Jayco White Hawk 26SRK
2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost FX4
Fatfenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatfenders View Post
Kinda make you wonder what kind of crap paint they're using...
It's not painted, it's a Gel coat. Same as boats. Problem is in the RV industry it's common practice to cut corners and go as cheap as possible. Boats use a better gel coating. When the say "Painted Gel Coat" front cap, that's not true. It's either Gel coated or painted, can't be both.

FWIW most all fiberglass truck tops are painted. That's how they color match your truck. Those caps last years without fading. I had a color matched tonneau cover on a truck for 10 years and zero fading. Most high end RV's have painted front caps and also offer full body paint options. Painting is the only way to go.

Jaycos 2 year warranty is a sweet deal. Most caps don't fade in the 1st year.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:23 PM   #23

JAYCO wasn't the only manufacturer having the problem, it was almost industry wide with the dark caps.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:37 PM   #24

Great
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:02 PM   #25

Hello, what kind of truck are you towing with?? I have the old style Reese hitch and it tows wonderfully. Keep plenty of tongue weight and enjoy.
Xflyhighx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:57 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilseykid View Post
We have a 2014 338 RETS Eagle. We LOVE it. New problem, the paint is fading horribly on the top of the front of the RV. I thought I saw someone else had a similar issue months ago, but I can't find the post. We are going to call Jayco tomorrow and find out what is going on.

For those with questions about towing and weight distribution hitches. The dealer recommended the best weight and sway control Reese made. The 338 RETS is 39 feet long. With the system the dealer put on, she towed like a drunken sailor going down the highway. We tried a half dozen solutions, none made the towing situation better. It was time to take the bull by the horns. I searched the internet for varied sway controls. Two gave money back guarantees against sway. That speaks volumes to me. Pro-Pride Hitch and Hensley Arrow.
The cost for either was about 2-3 times what the reese hitch system was but where my family's safety is concerned, I wasn't willing to save a dime on the tow system. I purchased the Pro-Pride Hitch, and let me tell you, It pulls better than my old 5th wheel. It changes the axis (pivot point) of your trailer and makes it stable. Worth every penny!!! If anyone wants a Reese Hitch with Sway Control let me know. I will make you a deal on it. It has only been used 4 times.
Hello, I have a question for you about the Pro-Pride hitch which you are using on your TT. We are planning to buy the same Jayco Eagle 338RETS (2017) and I thought to install the same ProPride 3P Hitch - 1400, contacted with Sean Woodroof <stwoodruff@propridehitch.com>, but he said the centerline on the weight distribution jacks supposed to be at 28in from the center of the ball, but our model has only max 25in. On the web I found a few photos about exactly the same trailer model (2014-2015) and with the same frame sizes, but the Hensley Arrow Sway Control Hitch has installed and working! (see attached photo). Please tell me about your hitch, how did you installed and I would appreciate if you send to me a photos/video if possible please. My email is: ls6103@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance for your time, attention and support. Best regards, Leonid Shats
leoshats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #27

Hello. Ask Sean about the straptek jacks. That's what he sold me for my 338rets and I love them. Just take something to mark the strap with and it is a 5 minute hookup.
Xflyhighx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xflyhighx View Post
Hello. Ask Sean about the straptek jacks. That's what he sold me for my 338rets and I love them. Just take something to mark the strap with and it is a 5 minute hookup.
Thank you for your prompt response, first of all. I've asked him and he said:"...
There are 2 ways we work on the Jayco with the front cap as shown. We make a special jack mounting bracket that moves the jacks outboard on the frame like shown in the Hensley Arrow jacks.Or, we use the Strap-Tek system for the weight distribution. This system mounts down flat on top of the frame and will allow you to easily access the tanks through the door.Take a look at the system in this video - https://youtu.be/zqbbLHHJzW4. The Strap-Tek system performs exactly like the jack system for the weight distribution."
However I don't understand how the Strap-Tek cooperation with the main had of the Pro-Pride??? Would you send to me some photos and more detail information, or I just don't understand something and confused... How this system working with your Eagle 338RETS? My email is: ls6103@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoshats View Post
Hello, I have a question for you about the Pro-Pride hitch which you are using on your TT. We are planning to buy the same Jayco Eagle 338RETS (2017) and I thought to install the same ProPride 3P Hitch - 1400, contacted with Sean Woodroof <stwoodruff@propridehitch.com>, but he said the centerline on the weight distribution jacks supposed to be at 28in from the center of the ball, but our model has only max 25in. On the web I found a few photos about exactly the same trailer model (2014-2015) and with the same frame sizes, but the Hensley Arrow Sway Control Hitch has installed and working! (see attached photo). Please tell me about your hitch, how did you installed and I would appreciate if you send to me a photos/video if possible please. My email is: ls6103@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance for your time, attention and support. Best regards, Leonid Shats
Thank you for your prompt response, first of all. I've asked him and he said:"...
There are 2 ways we work on the Jayco with the front cap as shown. We make a special jack mounting bracket that moves the jacks outboard on the frame like shown in the Hensley Arrow jacks. Or, we use the Strap-Tek system for the weight distribution. This system mounts down flat on top of the frame and will allow you to easily access the tanks through the door. Take a look at the system in this video - https://youtu.be/zqbbLHHJzW4. The Strap-Tek system performs exactly like the jack system for the weight distribution."
However I don't understand how the Strap-Tek cooperation with the main sway control had of the Pro-Pride??? Would you send to me some photos and more detail information, or I just don't understand something and confused... How this system working with your Eagle 338RETS? My email is: ls6103@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:15 PM   #30

Mine really went into major fade on top this winter and now around the corner lamps and in the middle is almost grey, I had seen some of the fade last fall and put in for painting it under warranty. I am taking mine to the factory to have it resprayed this fall. I hadn't had any problems with sway on mine so far and I use a round bar system with one sway control I do like the strap system but I wonder how long the strap material will last