Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
=======================
You can always step up to Equalizers 1400# bars. That's what I have on our Ram. Originally had them for the 2007 Jayco 322FKS and now use them on the 2014 Cougar. just a thought.
Happy trails,
Thought about that but I think I will do the air bag thing because Fords don't sit level even without loading. It's a thing with Ford they build them high in the front.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #22

I have the Reese Titan shank with a rated 1500lb hitch head which fits the 2.5in receiver[no adapter] on my F-250 with 1500lb springbars. I also put a set of Timbrens on to replace the factory bumpstops. Truck/camper levels out with no links dangling-easy to hook up and is very stable going down the highway. Love my Timbrens, no effect on unloaded ride. If you have the snowplow prep on your F-250, which mine does, that's why it rides a little high in front. It was a tough decision for me about whether to do the Timbren or airbag thing. If we ever decide on a fifth wheel, I will install airbags.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #23

Glad you posted about timbrens, I have considered that option.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
Old 11-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #24

Also look at the Roadmaster Active Suspension. I had Timbrens on my Suburban and installed the RAS on my Excursion. The RAS actually improved my ride and handling with and without the TT hooked up.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #25

Joe,

Thanks for the suggestion. The ride and handling of the F250 is very good without a load. The only issue I have is sag with a load. The Timbrens are designed for just that very issue. Doing some further research on air bags I also find a couple of additional issues to consider. First; you must relieve air pressure to lift the truck by the frame. The other issue is the the quality of the hardware as some have had issues with this. Still doing research at this point.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
Old 11-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #26

Eldermike, one of the reasons I went with the Timbrens is that they greatly reduced sag in the rear. Before I installed them, when I set the trailer down all the way on the ball, it basically was resting on the overloads, probably 4in down. With the Timbrens, it was 1.5 in. I had to do a slight WDH adjustment as it didn't take near the force to bring it back up. The install was easy with no jacking or tire removal. I think I paid around $165 for the pair. If you plan on staying with weight distribution, either the RAS system or the Timbrens will do the job and there are even more options out there. Install them and forget about them. If not [5th wheel] go with the air bags. Do a Forum search as there are many discussions on this topic. Kind of hijacked this thread, didn't we. Hope this helps, Terry
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #27

We own a 2014 308 RETS. The wife is in love with me again! LOL! We use the equal-I zee hitch and it tows like a dream behind our 3/4ton GMC.
MacMcD is offline   Reply With Quote