Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2016, 12:20 PM   #1

2014 White Hawk 20MRB feedback

Hi, I'm brand new here (first post). DH and I are looking for a small TT with certain features and can't find a new model that checks off everything on our list:

*18-24 feet long
*Murphy Bed/Queen accessible from 3 sides
*Opening on besides so your face isn't in a wall when sleeping
*One slide that is flush to floor (no step up to get in)
*U-shaped dinette that can sleep 2 adults when converted
*Bathroom with shower that has enclosure (no curtain)
*Door near bathroom so you don't track dirt throughout camper

I did however find an older model that meets all but the door near the bathroom - the 2014 White Hawk 20MRB. Are there any owners of this model that can share their experience with us? This will be our first trailer purchase and are looking for all feedback we can get!

Thanks in advance
Tdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:29 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum! My Jayco TT isn't the model you're looking at but I'll tell you that we're pleased. This is our third TT and it seems to be head and shoulders above the other two. I just hope Thor doesn't mess up what seems to be a good brand of RV.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Welcome to the forum! My Jayco TT isn't the model you're looking at but I'll tell you that we're pleased. This is our third TT and it seems to be head and shoulders above the other two. I just hope Thor doesn't mess up what seems to be a good brand of RV.
Thanks for the feedback - always good to hear that someone likes the product!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:58 PM   #4

20MRB feedback

2015 20MRB owner here. Purchased new in 2015 before the model was discontinued. Have camped 25 nights over 7 different trips.. mostly long weekends but 2 week long trips typically in state or COE parks. Tows easily with F150 5.4 V8. Just two adults, no kids, no pets. Perfect set up for us. Murphy bed is very easy to fold and unfold. Interior storage is great. Exterior storage is limited but sufficient for our needs. We travel with most items in bins in the truck bed. Upgraded from pop-up and looked for over 2 years before I pulled the trigger on this model. No regrets.. One issue which is a recurring theme is that the shower pan leaks - we will have it repaired under warranty. We are not small people so likely will have additional floor support added just to be on the safe side.. No other issues with trim or functionality. Bathroom faucet must be replaced immediately after purchase. The standard one is useless. It was a 15 minute < $20.00 modification.
PM if you have other questions..
Mjmaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:06 AM   #5

Thanks for the feedback! You sound like us, no kids, no pets, and we're not little people. I've read that you give up some outside storage with the Murphy bed. I guess we'll have to look at that closer. We don't camp now, so it's hard to know how much stuff we will be bringing. Kayaks and golf clubs will be on the list though. We don't have a TV yet either but DH likes the Sierra 1500. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new camper even though there are some mods and issues to be dealt with. Since we'll be buying used, it's good to know what to look for. Thanks again!
Old 09-14-2016, 04:00 PM   #6

Murphy bed is great

Don't know if you are still thinking or have already purchased but we have had our 2016 23MRB for a year and love it. Can't speak to sleeping on the dinette since we never do. We pull it with a 18 year old GMC Sierra 1500 and do fine as long as we are willing to be passed often! The 23 has much more room than the old 20 and an outside kitchen which has become my favorite thing. Agree on limited storage but we have a topper and lots of bins.
GScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:06 PM   #7

I don't have the model you are looking at but we have owned our Whitehawk for 3 seasons now and just love it. Extremely pleased with Jayco as we had a couple issues come up and Jayco covered them fully under warranty without any ?'s even though our 2 year warranty was up in May. Not many manufacturers would do that!
Good luck in your search.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:36 PM   #8

We have a 2015 20MRB and really like it. Not having the extra storage in the front keeps you from taking stuff you don't need anyway. Just SWMBO, myself & two 20 pound rescue dogs.

Message me for more info.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #9

We are still checking out units but this one remains at the top of my wish list. We are not buying for another couple years. Meanwhile we're doing our research on trailers as well as nearby campgrounds. Can't wait to be out there with you folks - appreciate the feedback!

Tags
20mrb, murphy bed, slide, small trailer, white hawk