Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #1

2014 White Hawk 27DSRL

We traded in our 2012 Jayco 20E for a 2014 White Hawk 27 DSRL today. Is it time to go camping yet??
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Congrats on closing the deal. Of course we need pics when you get them.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #3

Congratulations! We purchased a smaller White Hawk last month. I can't wait to try it out!
2Mainers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #4

White Hawk Slide Awning/Cover

I ordered a 2014 White Hawk 27DSRL and it should be built next week. We are anxiously waiting for the dealer's call. I wanted to add a slide awning and was told by the factory that the White Hawk does not have backing in the wall to attach the awning and it is not recommended. Also I saw that the bumper has a 100 pound max weight. With the spare tire, bike rack and bikes, I may go over this weight when the trailer bounces.
Has anyone installed slide awning covers and more weight on the bumper? Sometime risk management is very cautious. Thank you for your help.

Georgia
2012 Ram Hemi
2010 Keystone Passport (temporary)
Allen B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen B View Post
I ordered a 2014 White Hawk 27DSRL and it should be built next week. We are anxiously waiting for the dealer's call. I wanted to add a slide awning and was told by the factory that the White Hawk does not have backing in the wall to attach the awning and it is not recommended. Also I saw that the bumper has a 100 pound max weight. With the spare tire, bike rack and bikes, I may go over this weight when the trailer bounces.
Has anyone installed slide awning covers and more weight on the bumper? Sometime risk management is very cautious. Thank you for your help.

Georgia
2012 Ram Hemi
I would not add any weight to the bumper without reinforcing it. It's pretty flimsy and only spot welded. I brought my last trailer to a welder who added some braces and welded all the seams. It made a big difference but was still bouncy back there. lost lost my bikes on the highway one day but luckily my brother was behind me to have me pull over before that happened. Nothing some straps couldn't fix. As far as the slide topper, I have heard that the whitehawks do not have the proper baking but my dealer has put them on the whitehawks for other customers.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #6

Any reason you went from a smaller trailer to larger?

Also... Congrats!!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightwhite View Post
Any reason you went from a smaller trailer to larger?

Also... Congrats!!
We are buying a bigger trailer because we have decided to become seasonal campers in Cape Cod. We loved the 20E but decided that we did not want to deal with canvas and wanted a little more room.

We ended up canceling the 27 DSRL and buying the 29 REKS. It was a very hard decision but in the end the two slides on the 29 REKS won. But again, it will be in one place for the whole summer.

Love the layout n the 27DSRL - am sure you will enjoy it.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
We are buying a bigger trailer because we have decided to become seasonal campers in Cape Cod. We loved the 20E but decided that we did not want to deal with canvas and wanted a little more room.

We ended up canceling the 27 DSRL and buying the 29 REKS. It was a very hard decision but in the end the two slides on the 29 REKS won. But again, it will be in one place for the whole summer.

Love the layout n the 27DSRL - am sure you will enjoy it.
Just wondering where in the cape your seasonal will be at?

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
Old 01-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #9

We are going to be seasonal at Peter's Pond in Sandwich. We have camped there a few times and love it.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #10

Nice, we frequent the cape often usually sweet water forest in Brewster, but always looking for other options. My in-laws have a seasonal at sweet water.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
Old 01-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #11

We like Sweet Water Forest also, but it is to far for us to be seasonal.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:49 AM   #12

Weight on the Bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen B View Post

Georgia
2012 Ram Hemi
Hello Allen, we have a Jayco Hawk with the outback option & I tried fitting a rear tow bar with a bike rack to our rear bumper, it had two adult mountain bikes on it & I can only tell you one issue we had & that was a high amount of side sway when travelling on our usual 90 KLM/HR so we decided to purchase two fold up bikes we could store internally
Redhawk1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #13

We just bought same model only 2013 back in November. It went right to storage. Can't wait to camp. Enjoy "safetylady".