Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2015, 02:20 AM   #1

2015 26 BH first trip thoughts

Just got back from our first trip in our new 2015 26 BH. First trip went very well minus heavy rain late Friday and Saturday night and early Sunday morning.

First the bad, the sink developed a small leak just under the drain. Leak was very very small and only noticed because paper towels stored underneath had one very small damp spot. Placed a pot underneath and after about 10 minutes of running water and monitoring it we had less than a half once of water. If it does not get worse will have it fixed under warranty after camping season. After towing to site I noticed some small sharp metal shavings on floor I assume was left over from construction. No other issues noticed.

Now the good, No big surprises!!!. shower is small but more functional than it looks. Oven worked excellent with pizza stone. Mattress was more comfterable than I expected but ill probably add some memory foam. Maxxair vent worked great even with heavy rain no water came in. 15k A/C unit got super cold had to turn it down after camper cooled off. The refrigerator worked excellent and had way more room then I needed for four people. Also had plenty of storage only thing I did not load into camper was firewood, 2 bikes, beer cooler and a folding table.

Camper towed very well. I added a second sway control bar and that made a huge difference. Plenty of room for two people and we occasionally have two young cousins that love to come along and when they do they will have their own bunks.

Overall very happy with the layout we picked and the quality. With all the horror stories out there I was expecting to find at least one or two bigger warranty issues on our first trip but that did not happen.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:24 AM   #2

We have a 26bh as well and love the layout. We travel with 4 people usually. Our sink, had a small leak as well. I tightened the fitting at the fixture and have had a problem since. Weadded memory foam to all of the beds and sleep in comfort. It is amazing how little propane uses. We did not need the furnace last year and it cost me $11 in propane for the season. The fridge keeps ice cream frozen without a problem. We use the unit 10-12 times each year.

Good luck and enjoy,
Glenn
gmucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:06 AM   #3

nice glad to hear the sink was an easy fix maybe I will try that myself
Old 05-18-2015, 07:05 AM   #4

Glad to hear your issues were small! We have had our 26BH for two years now and have had very few problems. If you have the old style mercury thermostat, your temperature swings maybe 3-5 degrees. I want to eventually replace the thermostat with a digital version version which is supposed to be more accurate but a fan keeps me cool at night for now.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:29 PM   #5

Great, that's not a big deal. Those drain fittings hand tighten you can try it yourself saving hassle of returning to dealer.

The fan in the fridge mod (guy sells a interior fan on ebay) is one to consider to keep things cold easier, which here in TX is priority! And remove battery / leads when storing as the CO detector system uses power and will kill the battery.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:15 AM   #6

Im off on Wednesday ill try hand tightening the drain fitting then. I got a battery powered fan for the fridge I think its made by camco it wasn't to hot but the thermometer shows once I turned the fan on it cooled the bottom of the fridge a few degrees!