Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2015, 07:08 PM   #11

Just curious how your tub is. Hopefully not like mine and Spoon059.

Acepylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:25 PM   #12

I just took some pictures of mine to send to Jayco. It looks exactly like yours, my pictures might be a little more clear for other people to see.

The first picture shows how the side of the tub closest to the rear of the trailer is supported. There is a piece of 5/8" decking supported by some sections of 2x4. Not the greatest solution, but it seems to be effective.

This picture is the OTHER side of the tub. As you can see, the decking only goes to slightly past the drain, but doesn't cover the remaining portion of the floor. There is NOTHING supporting the thin plastic floor and helping to hold up your weight.

All Jayco had to do was extend the piece of decking past the horizontal drain pipe and put blocking over there and it would have been fine.

I sent an email to Jayco (of course it is right before the holiday weekend) asking for them to look at the pictures and determine a solution and authorize a warranty repair later this fall after the camping season in the northeast is over.

I hope they are willing to authorize the repair based upon pictures only, because that will minimize the "downtime" my trailer will have. We usually try to camp up through November, then we usually go to Florida in February. That leaves 3 months to fix it.

spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:55 AM   #13

Spoon059 thanks for the reply and excellent pictures! Your's looks exactly like mine did before I attempted to slide the support to the left. I have now taken a video of the support which can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=7yJDjTSymxQ

Any chance you can direct to the link where you submitted you pictures directly to Jayco? I only found local authorized dealers.

I am in the same situation as you with being in the northeast (New York) and have several trips booked already. Hopefully the repair won't interfere with these. I guess your camper was on the same assembly line as mine.
Acepylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:19 AM   #14

I just filled out a contact form at the main Jayco site and requested that they provide a place to send the pictures. I have a GREAT dealer in Keystone RV Center in Greencastle, PA and know that they will do an excellent job repairing... I just don't want to have to forfeit my camping seasons in order to have them fix something that should have been right from Jayco in the first place.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #15

I got back from a weekend trip in our 2015 29QBS. I too feel a bit more give in the side of the tub closest to the front of the trailer. I didn't open up and look under but suspect it is also constructed in the manner described above.
jconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:20 PM   #16

I am awaiting a response from Jayco. They replied to me once asking for the last 8 characters of my VIN, haven't heard anything since May 26 though. I will keep you guys posted about what I hear. Perhaps the knowledge that at least 3 people spread across the country have the exact same issue will propel them to move a little faster on this.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:43 AM   #17

I got an email back from the National Customer Service Manager today. I sent him photos of the tub (as well as some other minor issues) and an explanation of the solution that I want; remove the tub, extend the decking all the way to the wall and reinstall the tub.

I don't have a specific email address for him though, just service@jayco.com I would encourage you both to submit an email to them and let them know of the problem. Whether it is ALL the units, or a specific batch, Jayco needs to be aware of the situation and fix it. I am confident that they will.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #18

800-283-8267, info@jayco.com and parts@jayco.com have worked for me.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:17 PM   #19

Interesting to find this post. I have a 2014 29QBH which is very similar. My bathtub/shower has the exact same issue. The corner of the tub closest to the front, near the drain is very soft. I opened the access panel and was surprised to see nothing supporting that section of the tub. I'm going to put my foot through it if not very careful... I'll get some photos of the underside and send them in as well. I don't want to take the trailer to the dealer and have much downtime, like everyone else here our summer is booked solid.
huntnrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #20

Bump ! Anyone get a response from Jayco ?

I wonder if they are building the 2016s the same way.

theoldwizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote