Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2015, 06:06 PM   #21

Nothing yet. I plan to try to drop of the trailer after our last trip of the year and have them look at it, figure out a solution and the determine a estimated time to repair.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:21 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldwizard1 View Post
Bump ! Anyone get a response from Jayco ?

I wonder if they are building the 2016s the same way.
I just walked through a 2016 last weekend. and the tub was soft and felt unsupported towards the front of the trailer.
The dealer is looking into it.

We are considering buying the 29qbs but this worries me.
jmerrimack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:28 AM   #23

Hey Everyone,
An old thread but still an issue. This past weekend, I was using the shower and felt the softness underfoot as I have since purchasing, however this time, the plastic buckles a bit and startled me. I am taking it in to the dealer today for another warranty issue and will discuss it with them and perhaps contact Jayco directly.
jconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:06 PM   #24

I ended up buying the 2016 29 qbs
We did not buy the one we noticed the tub. Issue. our shower in this trailer seems fine.
We do have a couple issues, our hot water heater will not light and when you have the tv on and turn the main set of lights it knocks out the tv reception.

One other weird thing is we get a water drip sound from the ceiling near the bathroom. The dealer said there are no water line in the ceiling. My guess it the grey tank vent pipe moving from the hot and cold changes. This does not happen all the time, it seem like when the grey tank is 3/4 full
jmerrimack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #25

Smile

My 2016 28DSBH had the exact same problem. Very flimsy on the left hand side when facing the shower head.

I took the trailer into the dealer this past Monday to have a MaxxAir fan and vent cover installed and I asked them to take a look at this while they were at it. So, I called this morning to check on the status of the work/repairs. The service manager said they were waiting on a call from Jayco to authorize the repair. About 3 PM this afternoon I received a call from the service manager telling me my trailer was ready and that my bath tub had also been repaired. When I arrived at the dealer, that was the first thing I checked. I don't know what they did, but it's fixed. Very solid now all the way around.
Campbellizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:27 PM   #26

I had the same thing on our 1st trailer [not a Jayco] dealer fixed it with more bracing under the shower.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:37 AM   #27

Tub Support Fixed under warranty

I emailed Jayco (service@jayco.com) and they indicated that yes, there "...has been an issue where there isn’t enough support’s on the base under the tub, or one of the leg’s could be falling in the hole for the drain..." . A very quick response from them too. So glad I bought a Jayco!

My dealer (Tradewinds RV in Ocala, FL) is handling it under warranty right now.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconner View Post
I emailed Jayco (service@jayco.com) and they indicated that yes, there "...has been an issue where there isn’t enough support’s on the base under the tub, or one of the leg’s could be falling in the hole for the drain..." . A very quick response from them too. So glad I bought a Jayco!

My dealer (Tradewinds RV in Ocala, FL) is handling it under warranty right now.
That's great news!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:09 PM   #29

So just a little follow up from me. On our last trip my wife was giving the kids a bath and I noticed water on the floor. Turns out the bathtub drain was leaking. The connection directly under the tub that compresses the rubber gasket had loosened over 18 months and was allowing water to get under the drain and leak into my undercarriage.

I took out as much wet insulation as I could, but it was soaked further than I could reach.

I took my trailer back to my dealer (Keystone Mega RV Center in Greencastle, PA) and dropped it off for them. I asked them to simply drop the basement enclosure and remove the wet insulation for now, put it back together and allow us to continue camping for the rest of the season. I also noted that I had some debris under the floor, a leaky pipe in the kitchen sink, leaking low point drains in the water line and the bathtub issue.

I told them that I wasn't worried about getting that fixed now, just could they document those issues, contact Jayco, arrange for the parts and let me drop it off after the camping season.

Today we picked up our camper to head out to another weekend trip (Rocky Gap State Park in Maryland), and much to my surprise they had fixed EVERYTHING!!! They removed the wet insulation and let the undercarriage dry out, they fixed the tub (rock solid now!!!), they fixed the leaks, they fixed the debris under the flooring, they fixed a leaking condensate line in the fridge and they replaced the cabinet under the fridge that was damaged as a result of the leak. I was shocked at how quickly they documented everything, contacted Jayco about it, obtained permission to replace it and replaced it.

With all the horror stories you hear about delays, shoddy workmanship, dealers (stealers) I was pleased as punch with the result.

Super pleased with Jayco and my dealer. VERY happy with the end result!
Old 07-26-2016, 09:26 AM   #30

Spoon069 it's been a while. Didn't get out much last season due to health issue. Do you know how they reinforced the tub? I contacted Jayco and they said they couldn't help. Not very good customer service. I plan to pursue it again. It has become an even worse issue. The tub flexed causing the tub drain to leak which I repaired temporarily. It has also become a safety concern. My wife rolled her ankle while getting into the tub when stepping on the edge of the support. NOT GOOD.
Acepylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:05 PM   #31

They removed the shower walls and tub and removed the decking that was down there. They added additional legs at the back wall of the tub (closest to the kitchen) and placed a new piece of 1/2" plywood the full span of the bathtub. It is now very solid and fully supported.

Not sure why Jayco isn't stepping up to the plate on this issue. I would suggest you take it to your dealer and have them contact Jayco on your behalf.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:41 PM   #32

My 2012 40' Bungalo had the same problem with the shower stall being poorly supported. My 300 lb weight strained it badly.
I took off the front inspection door and measured up some more supports made out of vertical 2x4's with 3/4" plywood pads on top of each one. It isn't pretty under there but it is now solid.
It took less time than writing an email or letter complaint and eliminated the "heartache" of waiting for approval and execution of repairs. Done and onto the next broken or poorly made thing like the low point drains.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #33

Tub Support Fixed under warranty

Hey Everyone,
As a follow up, our dealer acknowledged the issue and reinforced the tub with added support under warranty without any question or push back.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:19 PM   #34

Brand new 2017 here, same issue. Took my first shower in our new camper and had to channel my inner gymnast to stand on a balance beam on one side of the tub. Unimpressed.
Larisse is offline   Reply With Quote